ReTHINKING ReSOURCES

Forty percent of the world´s energy is used by buildings. More than fifty percent of the greenhouse gases come from buildings and the construction industry. Mexican architectural firm, ReCURSO Studios, has these eye opening environmental facts well understood when they set out to design this modern showcase of low impact, sustainable architecture. By being conscious of not only the end result form, but also the process of building, and all materials used throughout construction, ReCURSO (Spanish for ReSOURCE) hopes to influence change in how the construction industry constructs. This newly commissioned, private residence gently sits in one of the last remaining untouched areas of Mexico City. With a minimal footprint and open air design, this property will hopefully inspire more firms to think green, every step of the way.

Architect: ReCURSO Studio

• TH says:

I love the open spaces and light, and the way it blends outdoors with indoors… designwise it respects the nook of nature where it sits. Hope it excels in all those invisible but important ways in which a building can be energy efficient and environmentally friendly.

• jason says:

i love that the building “sits in one of the last remaining untouched areas of Mexico City” “will hopefully inspire more firms to think green”

• dan says:

Reminds me of Ferris Beuller’s Day off… Cameron Frye’s House… where they drive the car out the back window into the valley…ya.

• cati says:

that makes me want to take a break!

• Frederic says:

If they have to build on one of the last green remaining areas of México city, I think is very good they are doing this way.
    I read they are only touching the 9% of the terrain, as less as they can.
    Congratulation ReCURSO studio I think is an elegant, interesting, conscientious design.
    F Clinton.

• denizz says:

that house looks me like a little bit of Frank Lloyd Wright’s designes.. isn’t it? it is actually so close, as we can see clearly house is like together wih nature, like it’s one part of nature. not far a away from nature. the big high rock were nor flattened, the house was positioned as nature is. but of course much more modern interior. 😉

• Igor says:

House of my dream!

• tebo says:

Ohhh pleasant, beautiful.

• FieldBoo says:

EXCELENT ! I like this congrats to PAUL CREMOUX!

• Jenafey says:

I like it! also your ring! congratulations Paul cremoux studio! love it!

• jcreeh says:

I am not a big fan of cubic modern houses but the way that house sits in that site is beautiful. I want it.