Switch Me Some Salt n’ Pepper

Switch Me is a humble salt and pepper shaker concept which allows one to switch between salt and pepper at the press of a button. The body has two chambers to avoid mixing and definitely has a different look to it… for all the salt and pepper shaker collectors out there.

Designer: Chetan Sorab

• Mark says:

funny thing about salt & pepper shakers I found when researching them for a design, is which gets the 3 holes and which gets the 1? I’ve found this to be a point of contention. I always believed pepper should get 3 and salt should get one (as opposed to the design shown here) becasue it’s easier to ruin your meal with too much salt and so that is the one that should be more carefully regulated. That said, salt lovers just disagree with that becasuer they simply want more salt than pepper..

• Collin says:

Traditionally if one shaker has fewer holes than the other the pepper will go in the one with the least.

• Mario says:

actually it think here the designer is using the “standard” 3 holes for pepper and thole for salt. If you look closer while the S button is pressed the 3 holes seem to be covered as opposed to the single hole.

• Freshome says:

The idea is quite original, and I’m sure that geeks and not only them will love it.

• jmran says:

I want one. hurry to take it out of concept and into production. 🙂

• paul sandip says:

Quite interesting! 🙂

• Hopper says:

What a originality design! Can I buy one in Taiwan?!

• steff says:

hi! i love this salt and pepper shaker and would like to know if i could purchase 50 pieces of it? thanks!

• Mithun Darji says:

this is perfect example of connecting dots,, great work.

• tanga says:

thanks!!!good

• MARY WILSON says:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
    HOW CAN I BUY THE SALT & PEPPER SWITCHES?, AND HOW MUCH DO THEY COST?

• I was curious if you ever thought of changing the page layout of your website?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.

But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.
    Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or 2 images.
    Maybe you could space it out better?

• Hey this is kind of of off topic but I was wanting to know if
    blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually
    code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Joshua says:

Hey! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this page to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

• Joshua says:

Is there a website that makes it easy to follow blogs and podcasts? I don’t have an iPod, does that matter?.