Rotating Recyclable Chair

Chair 777 is a new concept by new and young design group, “Die Fabrik” which is German for “The Factory”. The Chair 777 is made of 100% recyclable cardboard. The chair can be rotated into three different positions, depending on the mood of the user – a lounge chair, stool and regular upright chair. At only 20KG, the Chair 777 is easily movable by using only one hand. A space saver, the Chair 777 can be placed and moved into any room in the home that you desire. The chair is available in two distinct designs for the same price. Once the chair has been used and has lived it’s life, the owner can simply take it to be recycled.

Designer: Stefan Hölldobler

• JJ says:

Where does one buy this?

• Morten says:

Why buy when you could easily make it? Large cardboard boxes, a sharp knife and some glue would do the trick! 🙂

• Nickolas Titkov says:

Аre You sure, that 20 kg is «easily movable by using only one hand»? Probably 20 pounds? But in Germany they use metric system…

• WILL says:

20KG
    hmmmmm
    I think the lighter the better~~~~~

• Charles Gelden says:

I want to buy it too. Please contact me.

T J A L S

• yup says:

it’s gonna be cheaper to buy some nice corrugate,
      draw a shape on a napkin,
      take them both to a local laser cutter and viola!

recycle paper, but not out of your wallet

• Ria says:

what’s the price?

• dfff says:

sukkels:P

• dfff says:

nerds nerds nerds

• yup says:

recycling is a fad.

• sebastian says:

ill do it at home tomorrow 🙂

• vleeclan says:

One of my daughters college roommates in the year 2005 was an architect major. She had an assignment to make something out of cardboard and designed a chair VERY similar to this chair using the same concepts of an upright and a lounge chair. She entered her design in a contest in the year 2006. I’m hoping that Mr. Holldobler did not steal the design.

• a real designer says:

yo what you sayin’, you know anything bout’ architecture? shut the F8 up and go do your laundry! you dig? yeee.

• citizenx says:

wow! thanks to the real designer for letting people know how it is! and yes, I totally dig.

• Clo says:

This is NOT a new concept!! Check out the Wiggle Chair by Frank Gehry 1972!!!

• I know this bloke and he studied in Australia…. It is just cardboard glued together… yes. However, it is his original design and he is a very talented person. The idea of all this (and yeah…i’m writing for a person not speaking for themselves) was to create an eco-friendly product that was useful and practical.

Believe me. It’s not for money, he makes them when he gets the orders. Stephan is very reliable.

And i’m fairly sure if you made the same thing yourself he would be happy.

Realistically, you can make anything you have ever seen yourself. But you don’t make them, you buy them. Because you’re lazy. (and me) I want to buy one of stephans shelves and chairs but i dont have the money.

As he told me, it’s art….It’s not something you buy anywhere else in the world.

• What is the style of this chair@^%UHGFJK???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Shayne says:

It looks very nice but to be honest I dont really see a chair being recyclable as a selling point. Fair enough its good for the environment but my first impression is 'wont last long!' I may be wrong but thats what cardboard recyclable chair screams at me.

• Shayne says:

• Dom says:

I have some chairs like this in my Conservatory, not only do they look great and fit in perfectly they are also really comfortable.

• Dom says: