A petite Addition to Your Bath

We all have at one time or another experienced the close living space of a flat or apartment. The space felt so crowded that you never felt that you could sit and relax and enjoy your space. The Ladybird bath and vanity set was created with lack of space in mind. On the top, you have a vanity with a built in sink yet when you lift the lid of the sink, the Ladybird opens up to a place where you can relax and find comfort while you bathe. Although smaller in size than the typical Western style baths, the Ladybird bath allows you the relaxation needed with less space and less water. A retractable push step is readily available to use when entering and exiting the bath. Available in red, black and white, the Ladybird bath and vanity is the answer to a much needed peace in a busy world.

Designer: Coco Reynolds

• jeff says:

But what happens to all the filthy water residue from using the sink? Does it just sit there in the bath and get even more filthy? Do you have to make sure the sink and bath are clean all the time? Whats the deal?

• coco says:

The base of the bath has a slight incline so most of the water residue drains away. But like any bath it would require cleaning before it is used.

• CynicalM says:

The ‘intelligent’ design would involve piping runoff built into the sink top and matching into an adjoining (closable) piping near the rim of the ‘bath’ instead of allowing liquid and waste to freefall into the void which would causing splashing and buildup. It’s not like there’s no space for it.

I like the suggestion made in regard to finding a way to use the vanity as a shelf and spent a few minutes doodling with ways that could be included and while a few worked it would be hard to implement as a design feature as the purpose of the unit seems to be to make the most of available space. Small spaces would make an extendability less of an asset…

It looks like a very nice design otherwise. Elegant, very nice use of minimalism. I would love one for myself here in Australia.

• William says:

Or even better making use of the over-flow drainage for the bath. The sink compartment should drain to the side (rather than to the middle) and have a sideways plughole (probably oval shaped). That plug hole would slot sideways into the overflow at the top of the bath, which is necessary anyway to stop the bath overflowing.

Nevertheless, the idea of a step is right out. Getting people to do acrobatics while their wet and slippery is a no no. It's easy enough to put a door in; I see these upright bathing units for the elderly with doors in them all the time. If they can do it, it's certainly possible. I think they're called Accessibility Baths

Anyway, kudos for the thought provoking design.

• William says:

Anyway, kudos for the thought provoking design.

• Brice says:

It doesn’t look very easy to get in or out of it… unless you have long legs… but I like the shape ^_^

• sirius says:

great idea…

• Great job Coco !
    I love it !

A IED Milano Fan ! 😉

• Briley says:

Good idea, but what about taller people, wouldn’t it be a little cramped? Another thing is how far would you have to reach in order to get to the faucet and utilize it? Seems like it may be a hassle if you need to lean over a ways in order to be able to wash your hands or wash dishes. Looks great however.

• barry solomon says:

the red one reminds me of an apple, and the sink next to it looks like an i-pod, I think this would be great for anyone who is in love with apple.

• Bob Bowens says:

Where can I purchase the “Ladybird” bath
    ship to USA Dayton Ohio 45403
    and the cost and shipping total. (in USA dollars).

• pocket says:

just like a apple ><

• xXblahXx says:

i think i would be a bit cramped in there… ><

• powaz says:

hmmmm. small. interesting. why not have the sink part flip on hinges to create a temporary shelf? setting it to the side seems clumsy. Clever Design. Could probably be a foot longer too.

• Do we think this is practical?I mean has this actually been used and tested in a home environment.

The food waste would sit in the tub wouldn’t it ?

maybe one of those shower type heads that pull out to clean the sink would help!

• Janelle says:

It said it's a vanity. Not a kitchen sink… I don't know about you, but I can count the number of times I've cooked in the bathroom on zero fingers.

• Janelle says:

• rsaferriell says:

Please tell us/me where I can buy one of these. I live in SW Michigan, but am not adverse to ordering on line.
    Thanks.

• Hey There. I found your weblog the use of msn. This is
    an extremely smartly written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to learn more of your useful information. Thanks for the post.

I’ll definitely comeback.