Percuss Beats On Your Lap

People like to express themselves by sharing their emotions with others. Music is used as one of the most significant measures of communicating one’s feelings. Lapbeat is a digital percussion instrument that can be played anywhere, in any position, and at anytime. Lapbeat has been designed with precise ergonomic considerations for playing in a sitting position. This digital percussion instrument has adapted and innovatively redefined the sound structure of classical percussion instruments where sound of the drumming echoes and flows out from below. By installing built-in speakers at the bottom and v-drum (advanced electronic MIDI drum trigger) technology into the touch pads, the timbre of the sound is made deeper and richer.

Designer: Lee Dong Chul & Tamy Lee

• Skwid says:

Oh, my, yes. I would love such a gadget. As depicted, though, it seems like it would be awkward to use in a furniture-less environment (i.e., sitting on the ground), something that many hand drums of similar overall shape are well suited for.

• paj says:

Wo gibt es das zu kaufen, für solch eine geniale Idee gibt es doch bestimmt eine Firma die das herstellt.
    Where can I buy this, there will one company, which will produce this, or not.

• shane says:

so is this using roland’s patented v-drum piezo technique? this is what their hand-sonic SHOULD be…

• claire says:

How about PRICES? I have looked everywhere and cannot locate any kind of a price or store location to buy at.

• LUIS says:

since i’m an event producer here in Manila. i definitely could use a musical m gadget like that. when will it be available?

• redeyepercussion says:

What a nice design!!!Please can you tell me, where i can buy the “lapbeat”-drumm & what i must pay for this drumm.I lived in Germany& i played percussion over 10Jears but i have never seen a drumm like this.It`s realy a wunderful design.BIGGEST RESPEKT!!!

Thanxx for answer
    Red Eye

• Normand says:

that’s a dream come thrue for me..!
    Each time a have a jam session,my hands past a hard time because it’s very hard to “mike”
    a djembe and my “musifriends” play very loud .
    THE QUESTION : where can i buy or just try the Lapbeat ?
    i’m from Québec,
    Please help me !!!!!

thanks,
    Nomm

• Lee dong chul says:

Sorry!
      It’s only my concept design.

• willem says:

when will it be in production, if ever?
        it is a good concept, it could fill the gap between the Wavedrum by Korg and the TD10 and Handsonic by Roland, a gap that surely needs to be filled soon!

• Tom says:

hey Lee,
        This looks smart, obviously lots of design work, I hope you are able to have this manufactured soon. Best of luck.
        Tom

• lan do rim says:

there is already a turkish drum called “darbuka” (probably also used by greeks and middle east communities , nomads in region etc.) that has the same design. altough it is not electronic – its i dont know, 1000 years old? – it serves the same purpose.

• Jury says:

Darbuka is darbuka only. Lapbeat is darbuka, djembe, konga, bongos, tabla, drumset, fluite, violin, and whatever you like. Like Roland Handsonic with a speaker built-in.

• Hello I want to buy, the yembe Lapbeat, percusin electrnica That I can do? Since I can obtain it?.Is very important, I want that someone helps me, thank you.SOY ESPAOL

• Hello I want to buy, the yembe Lapbeat, percusión electrónica That I can do? Since I can obtain it?.Is very important, I want that someone helps me, thank you.SOY ESPAÑOL

• Matthew Paluch says:

Hello- Im quite interested in the LAPBEAT- where could i get the specs info as well as pricing?Finally where could i ored the product fro purchase? Thank you for your time and efforts, respectfully-M.J.Paluch Chicago,Il. U.S.A.

• Eric says:

Looks like a lot of fun to play with!

• Andre says:

Hi. I saw you Lapbeat one year ago. I really hope that one day you will sell this. I play percussion, and mostly djambé. I’m a belgian guy that quit his country and live now in Turkye. I was hoping to get this electronic djambe before to come here to be unique. Now the time goes by and i never see it for sell. Your concept is nice (i had the same idea but no technik to do it) and you design is wonderfull. Great job. Just tell me if i can have one one day.

• dinu says:

please answer me.I am very interested in darbuka lap i really wanna buy it.answer me urgent!!!

• Jimmy C says:

But will it blend?

• jeffreypac says:

Interesting…yes, like to know more. Thanks for the note on the acoustic drum above. Can’t really play them though in a NYC apt. Could, if I had an electronic one with earphones. That sounds cool, if it’s responsive and sounds good.

• I know tjis if off topic but I’m looking into strting myy own blog and was wondering wht all is required to get
    set up? I’m assuming haing a blog lie yours would cost a pretty penny?

I’m noot very internet savfy soo I’m not 100% positive.
    Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Appreciate it

• Hey! I know this is kind of off topic but I
    was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website?
    I’m getting tired of WordPress because I’ve had problems with hackers and I’m looking at alternatives for another platform.

I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

• Hi Dear, are you really visiting this website on a regular basis, if so afterward you will definitely obtain pleasant experience.