For The Sake Of A Clean Shave

One of my earliest memories of my father has been to watch him carefully follow the protocols of his shaving rituals. Needless to say, when my brother was ready to try his hand, my father proudly shared his techniques and even gifted him his shaving mug as if it were a family heirloom. The Obtineo Shave Set strikes a nostalgic cord with me and I sure with guys too. Currently on its last leg for funding, let’s know why this safety razor display shave mug is special.

Obtineo is a sustainable product that can be handed down from generation to generation. Kinda treated like an heirloom. Taking little space on your bathroom countertop or the back of a toilet, this bathroom accessory hang dries your favorite daily razor and puts it on display proudly. It fits nicely into the palm of your hand while you use it to create your lather and it washes out clean every time. Its eco-friendly approach and ergonomic design makes it easy to handle. I’m a girl so I can’t be a judge of it, but if Obtineo has intrigued you, then do buy one here and let me know how it works for you.

Designer: Cory Roehl [ Preorder Here ]

• name says:

Electric shavers do not exist where you live?? And that horrible cliché of the father teaching the son how to shave. Who actually does that? How awkward!
      Please try again on so many levels…

• ema says:

Well you have probably learned your lesson by now, looking at the state of the funding of your kickstarter project…

• eXgame says:

I always get rash from electric shavers, so there is no other way than using disposable blades or safety razor. There are lots of people like me, think before commenting, thanks a lot.

• idiot says:

Are you an idiot? electric/cartridge razors are shit.

• TheTruth says:

Have you never shaved with a real razor?

There is no comparison.

• Seriously, have you never had a proper shave from a straight edge razor that wasn’t from a brand like Norelco or Bic? An old fashioned shave has a ton of advantages over electric razors. For one you have a more effective cost value. Whats the typical price for a set of disposable blades now? 30-50 dollars each month? What’s the price of a single straight edge blade? 35-40 dollars for a single blade that should last for years with proper care and sharpening. Electric razors tend to give folks razor burns & rashes. An old fashioned straight razor doesn’t do that. Some folks will say that the older way of shaving actually gives them a smoother and cleaner shave than using an electric razor.

Give it a try, and if you don’t like it than fine. But at least you’ve tried it.

• Salad says:

So I buy this razor stand with the soap in it. Then I take the soap and the razor out to produce lather with a brush that comes from somewhere else, cause there is no place intended for it in this razor stand.
      After I shave, I rinse out the lather, put the soap into the still-wet bottom of the stand, hang the still dripping razor over it and try to find a place to put the brush.
      So all in all the next day I’ll have a nice razor stand with a soggy soap in it and cannot remember where my brush is.
      Really great design.

• Keith says:

This type of razor offers a much more comfortable shave than anything else I’ve tried. I’ve owned multiple styles of electric razor; used the typical multi-blade razors; a straight razor; and a safety razor. No contest, the safety razor gave me as good of a shave as the multi-blade, with less irritation.

• Dave says:

After the first couple of grossly ignorant comments I stopped reading so apologies if the others are more supportive and positive.

This is a nice, and more importantly simple design that works. There is a huge market for this product as most men I know wet shave. I’m aware through a friends design work that the emotional angle of this sells and I think this could be brought to market by two main routes.

1. Additive manufacture, get it on shape ways and allow people to print their own as they require in the material they require. Low risk to you.

2. Contact a shaving accessory retailer, such as Bolin Webb to see if they’re interested in bringing it to the shelves. That particular firm provide high end (slightly expensive) products in prime retails space such as Harrods (UK) and airports.

Good luck and they’re are lots of people in this world that lack vision (first comment particularly), ignore them and stick with your beliefs and make it happen.

• Generally I don’t learn post on blogs, however
      I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to take a look at and do
      so! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, very nice

• Excellent article. Keep writing such kind of info on your blog.
      Im really impressed by it.
      Hi there, You’ve done a great job. I’ll definitely digg it and in my
      view recommend to my friends. I’m confident they’ll be benefited from this website.

• Mr. Mack says:

There are really nice shaving set with cream,soap,razor. which is really great to see..i really appreciate to read all info about it..thanks to share it.please keep sharing with new update.

• One way of making sure that yyour whlesale supplie is reputable is
      by using Sale – Hoo’s wholesale directory. You can cater to the needs of this market and
      sell wholesale plus size men’s clothes for
      a big profit. But since so many retailers ask this, let’s try and eenumerate some of the benefits.

• It’s going to be ending of mine day, except before end I am reading this wonderful
      piece of writing to improve my know-how.