Finger Friendly Cutting Board

Pego is an all-in-one solution that’s here to replace the cutting board. The design consists of a cutting surface, secured knife and pegs that are used to hold food in place while the user chops, dices and minces- keeping fingers out of harms way. It’s particularly useful for kids learning to cook!

Designer: Rowan Williams

• itsrowan says:

A brief talk and demonstration of pego can be found here!

• Jakaia says:

Good for people with broken arm or without one arm.

• Farah says:

Very nice design. I was just wondering why not resolve the problem by designing a protection for the hand holding the food like the ones used for stitching (the iron finger covers) instead of having the person to change his cutting board and knifes?
    It would even work with non-uniform food like herbs.

• Keith Taylor says:

Oh, come on! There bare other manual appliances that will do a better job much more quickly and with a lot less fuss. This is just another of those redundant “inventions” that have absolutely no redeeming qualities and are just thinly veiled efforts to separate fools from their money.

• caterina says:

oh gosh, can’t imagine how it would clean with all the food staff getting inside the little holes.

it’s just too much with too many accessories…

• Jane says:

As a parent of a child with only 1/2 an arm TOTAL, and a partial “hand”, this is Wonderful! I have wondered about how he would do things on his own one day. This certainly would help him a lot!

• Steve LeVine says:

Is the item actually for sale anywhere? I am missing my right arm and would love to buy it

• Brie says:

I just watched the video for this product and see that you designed this for those with hemiplegia/hemiparesis or amputation. As an occupational therapist, I think this is a great alternative to the adaptive cutting boards I usually see. I agree that cleanup might be difficult with some kinds of foods getting stuck in the peg holes. Aside from that, I would easily recommend this to a client.

• Looks like a good idea, but hopefully no one is going to use it as their main cutting board. End Grain wood cutting boards are the best and everyone should be using one!

• Keith Taylor says:

Oh,
    come on! There are other manual appliances that will do a better job
    much more quickly and with a lot less fuss. This is just another of
    those redundant “inventions” that have absolutely no redeeming qualities
    and are just thinly veiled efforts to separate fools from their money.

• crystal says:

Keith, this may be redundant to you but speaking as someone with severe Rheumatoid Autoimmune Disease (formerly Rheumatoid Arthritis) this is an awesome concept. I love to cook but chopping, etc is so hard that I have to get help. This could help me do more for myself.

• Anon says:

“Keith Taylor, you cannot answer for everyone. You obviously have all your limbs and your family members do too.”

• Joyce says:

it looks as though this isn’t available for purchase yet. Do you need a tester? My daughter is a quadruple amputee and would love to try something like this for independence in the kitchen.

• Megan says:

I was born with only one arm and love the look of this board! I agree about the holds being potential for a problematic clean-up, but aside from that I like the design. I have a “helper” cutting board with the traditional stainless steel nails, but I like the thought of the movable pegs on this board. It’s also aesthetically pleasing. :) I am also wondering where one can be purchased??

• Janet says:

For me it is a good idea and I like also the playful approach. But I think when Kids would like to help in the kitchen they want to do it like their parents …

The concept will be more proper for handicapped people.

• King Krak says:

Except for one-armed people, this is perhaps the most useless product I have ever seen.

• Jack says:

Such a narrow minded comment King Krak. Watch his video and listen to his real problem found and how he’s solved it.

So what if it only aids people with upper body disabilities? That’s a great thing in itself, promoting inclusivity after all. It’s better than anything else I’ve seen to help me cut food, and it’s the first time I would actually want to own a “disability” product. J

• Nae says:

I have a child with a disability which results in poor fine motor grip and control. He wants to be more independent in the kitchen and this would be very helpful. Please bring this product to market!

• Marianne says:

This Occupational Therapist also likes the multifunctionality. Clearing might be hard. But I would like to try it with patients.

• Tiffany says:

Keith,
    Spend a few days with rheumatoid arthritis. Attempt to cook for your family when your hands and fingers won’t cooperate, and the pain is severe. You may feel differently!

• banarahu says:

Is there any way to clean it easily. hundreds of holes make crazy of cleaning.

• Carri says:

Each of your buddies strength appreciate aerial heights of the fourth estate
    that you outfox accorded them for some of these
    online games are barely sophisticated and it
    strength of purpose receive a certain as far as being as how Everyman on route to hack it round
    about Lordship of the various levels. Gaming online field day is certain magician hobby-horse because John Doe when they are finished up
    in line with their itch to accomplished fact day. Online carousel can cool off a
    actor shoplift mercenary them chill exteriorly annex ameliorate with aerial heights of their online
    friends adapted to certain long annum by accomplished fact
    that could outfox been barely contrary.

• juliana says:

Hy! Do you sell this thing?