Wheelchair Adaptive Stroller

Parenting in the first stages of infancy can be incredibly challenging – add a mobile disability to the equation and you can imagine how daunting it might seem. The Cursum stroller concept aims to make life a little easier by adapting to use in tandem with a wheelchair. Swivel wheels, complete height adjustment, attention to comfort and visibility and advanced safety features give parents added security and a little independence to an already challenging life experience.

Designer: Cindy Sjöblom

Cursum – Stroller for wheelchair users from Cindy Sjöblom on Vimeo.

• matija says:

Dear Cindy!
    My daughter is tetraplegic (her husband paraplegic) and they decided to be parents. We saw your project in we are enthusiastic because of it! Is it something new about production of your Stroller?
    I wish you a nice day!Thank you for your answer!

matija wabra
    Slovenia

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

Hi Mitija!

I am sorry to say that there are no production of the stroller. God luck with the baby and I wish you a nice day as well!

/ Cindy

• Reimar says:

Hallo, Cindy,

Let me join the people who posted before in appraising your product. I am a quadriplegic father of a two-year-old son and as such would be absolutely happy to buy your product. Do you see any chance of that happening? Could we parents with a disability support you and your project? Please let us know. I do think there is a market and demand for your stroller.

Whatever may turn out with your project, thank you very much for your time and effort. It is much appreciated, believe me.

Yours
    Reimar, Germany

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

Hi Reimer!

I am glad to hear that you like my stroller concept. As the situation looks right now the stroller is not yet on the market, but I hope that it one day will be.

Regarding support from parents with disability, that would been of great help if I would try to market it myself. But for now on I am still a student and I am focusing I will focus on my studies for now on, one more year to go. But who knows what happens in the future, maybe later on I will get a chance to continue developing and market the stroller :)

Reguards
    Cindy

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

Hi Reimer!

Regards
    Cindy

• Tia Mogilevsky says:

I have a 10 year old son with cerebral palsy and his wheel chair also has a head rest for support but the problem is I am now 6 months pregnant with a baby girl and it would be more than convenient for me to have this wonderful product especially since I don’t have a car at this time. The area I live in doesn’t even have ant transportation other than medical transport so I have to walk everywhere. I hope you find the time to get this product up an running so my life can be made so much easier. Grocery shopping is the worst right now can you imagine a stroller and wheelchair and grocery basket too. Please if you have any ideas as to what I can do write back asap.

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

Hi Tia!

I understand your problem and you are not the first one mentioning to connect the stroller to your childs wheelchair. The stroller is only a concept and is not on the market today, maybe in the future..

I wish you good luck and hope you will manage to solve it some other way

Regards
    Cindy

• Mr Richard says:

Wheelchair adaptive stroller is the best option for the wheelchair users to take care of the baby easily and also while going out too.

• Angel says:

Where can I buy this? I’m in a wheelchair and I want to start a family. I need one of these but pram centres don’t sell them

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

Hej Angel!

Sorry, it is only a student project at the time.

/ Cindy

• Pingback: Uncle Vouchers
  • Angel says:

Ok 😞. Will there be a finished product though. This would benefit many people

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

Hi Angel!

I cann’t be sure for now, but let cross out fingers.

/ Cindy

• Angel says:

Do you know if I can get something like this elsewhere?

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

What I know there is no product like this on the market today, sorry.

/ Cindy

• Ness says:

This would make my life so much easier! Especially if there were a double stroller… my husband pushing my in my chair while I’m trying to steer a huge stroller with my arms is so extremely challenging. Thank you for making this!!! I can not wait to have one!

• Hayley says:

Hi Cindy,

finish your degree soon so you can start making lives 100 times easier. I am totally up for buying one when available. Expecting in December 😉

• Alden Kane says:

Hello Cindy,

I had a question about the design. Given that the wheelchair wheels were still on the ground, was there a turning radius issue with the wheels for the stroller? Did the stroller wheels work fine? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Alden

• cindy says:

I am looking to see if your stroller is marketing?

• Lucy Vernon says:

Hello!

Just joining the crowd in hoping this will be on the market soon!!! Is there anything we can do to try to assist you in getting this stroller made?

Thanks a lot.