This Ring Fits Me Right

Those of you, who travel by cars, please move on to the next post, because this one is just for my friends who take the bus and trains like me! Overhead handles and rings, tell me about it! If god wanted us to be of the same height, he would have done so…..we don’t need the transport department helping us out there. Press, Change Length is a concept that allows the user to adjust the length of the grip ring so that we can keep a comfortable posture while standing in a moving vehicle. Buses in my route need this so badly!

Press, Change Length is a reddot design concept winning entry.

Designers: Jia Shenghui, Zhou Hailun, Liu Zhen & Chen Jian

• Im sure there are alot of commuters that have been dreaming of this to come.
    Fantasticly simply design

• Im sure there are alot of commuters that have been dreaming of this to come.
    Fantasticly simply design

• Sue says:

One tiny problem for short people (like me) will be that the length of the rope from the ring to the handle will be quite long and thus with accelaration and sudden braking of the bus (as they do on my route) i will keep being swaying all over the place.

• 123456 says:

then adjust it so that it wont swing. its up to you if you want to be at your length but swing or be at an uncomfortable length and not swing.

• Sue says:

it defeats the whole purpose of the equipment. if i have to trade-off ease/comfort and safety/ comfort. In fact in either case it would be uncomfortable. Of course am basing my assumption on the premise the rope is some sort of fabric and not rigid enough too prevent the swing.

• Sue says:

• 123456 says:

• Sue says:

• Thijs says:

Vandals'll like this :)
    Maybe it's just a Dutch public transport thing, but something like this, how sturdy it might be, won't survive the week.

• Thijs says:

Vandals'll like this :)

• hassan says:

what if some on is short and the where all adjusted for tall people he cant reach it 😀

• hassan says:

• design+ says:

a static version has already been implemented and I find it far superior to this version due to lack of maintenance and initial cost.

• design+ says:

• Nezumi says:

What if you'd use a extend-able pole instead of a rope? It would give the sturdiness you want, right?

• Nezumi says: