Super Modular Modular Shelving

How super is super modular? You’ll have to judge that for yourself. The amount of modular any item can be really depends on how modular the person using it allows it to be. Be super modular! This shelving system is modular to the max, it’s called IVY Modular Shelving Systems and it’s made to grow on your wall according to your lifestyle, changing at your will. IVY allows you to configure and reconfigure the assembled layout as you wish, each shelf moving with ease. Unique configurations can be done with as many or as few shelves as you wish.

Each shelf is shipped in three pieces, each shelf is assembled at home using keyhole fasteners that are integrated into the pieces themselves. These same fasteners are used to attach the shelves to the walls. Make a tree, make a bush, make a completely non-green object or array. Go wild!

Designer: Paris Lowitz

• Only ideal says:

This is arbitrary design, the eternal sign of a temporary fad. Is a shelf supposed to hold stuff or should it have its function sacrificed to look like tree branches?

• Only ideal says:

• James says:

This is not a new idea, it's been done plenty of times unfortunately for the designer. It'd work in some instances, I can see where 'only ideal' is coming from though. I think what it needed to show to prove that it works as a functional piece of design is it in context. Books, ornaments, candles, dvds on it etc. I can see some working and most of it being wasted.

• James says:

• ilk says:

Looks great. I did not see it before but comments say otherwise. I think when designing a ordinary object like a shelf or chair or pen, it is such a high probability that someone else had done it before that, I do not care anymore. I just enjoy it. I believe it is not possible for a human being to know all the designs made before, so it is hard to avoid repetitions. Anyway I would love it in my house. Especially as in the third photo.

• ilk says:

• James says:

Originality is important if this person wants to sell their product as they'll get royally sued. You get similar ideas yes, of course that's going to happen but it pays to look around first as is this so similar I thought it was just a repeat of the same article. This is why designers try to think outside the box. Whenever I do a new design I think someone must have done before, I look around and make sure no one has. It's a decent idea….which is why it's already been done.

• James says:

• James says:

• David says:

So where the heck do you buy this stuff..