Accordion Food

Accordion Package is a space-saving container for instant noodes that can be compressed like an accordion. This makes it easier to store and carry and cuts down on the cost of transportation. The acordian-like surface decreases the contact points with your hands to prevent burning. After the noodles are eaten, it can be compressed to save space in the trash too. Clever.

Designers: Liu Yi, Jiang Yuning & Luo Jing

• Jared says:

They made containers like this back in the 80s? Early 90s? As you can tell, by the fact they aren't sold anymore, people found them to be more of a hassle then what they were worth.

But hey who knows… a lot of old failed trends of the 80s and 90s are coming back to be pseudo successful.

Keep designing!

• Jared says:

Keep designing!

• jbna says:

Actually, Rubbermaid is making this stuff right now and has been for at least 5 years (when I got mine). They're really nice for a lot of reasons, but of course made of plastic so not so great for microwaves or long-term food storage.

• jbna says:

• designer says:

I saw lots of product similar to it. BUt because it is in the packaging ındustry I like the idea.For a greener wold

• designer says:

• Lucy says:

Interesting concept :)

• Lucy says:

Interesting concept :)

• Ilcervo says:

I appreciate the fact it prevents from burning your hands – at least a bit. But for the packaging-industry and restauration it is not saving space and transportation-costs, but the contrary as cups are generally put together in a kind of long tube. Which is not possible with the accordion cup.

• Ilcervo says:

• TKSH says:

This design either exists… in fact, it exists under better concept: optimization of the space for a nondisposable products
    Some kitchen products of Lékué used yet this system…

• TKSH says:

Some kitchen products of Lku used yet this system…

• Ami Moshe says:

Hi.
    The concept is O.k – Nicely designed – but I think that's it.
    The challenges are : 1. The design outside on the cup wall is imposable – a very crucial factor when the client reaches is hand to the shelf to buy in the supermarket.
    2. The structure seems to be not strong – very thin and mushy , how can say for shore that the accordion will not collapse when the hot water poured inside or when it is carried by the consumer.
    3. Because the material must be very sophisticated with memory abilities it will be expensive much more then the other solutions.
    and something more – I had also a sample kind of accordion cup from polystyrene some 20 years ago…
    Keep on designing – try first to have a packaging material consultant and a cost effective one.
    Kind Regards,
    Ami Moshe <:> LTL Packaging center <:> email: ami@ltl.co.il

• Enrique says:

Is this design even possible? I mean, have you ever made this? it looks like me like an impossible figure. Think about it, you have small rings and big rings with this structure. The problem comes when you try to compress or expand the cup, when you do it you are also forcing the interior and exterior diameters to expand or contract, and that will end breaking your design i believe. Sorry about my english. i’m still learning.

• Enrique says:

Is this design even possible? I mean, have you ever made this? it looks to me like an impossible figure. Think about it, you have small rings and big rings with this structure. The problem comes when you try to compress or expand the cup because you are also forcing the interior and exterior diameters to expand or contract, and that will end breaking your design i believe. Sorry about my english, i’m still learning.

• Jimmy C says:

Like.

• Hi,

We are interested in your accordion food disposable packaging for microwaveable subway type sandwiches. Can you supply the item or supply design to manufacture in Europe ? Kindly confirm as soon as possible by return email.

• Hi, is this product / packaging still available? And do you have a sourcing agent within the uk? Many thanks

• I do consider all of the ideas you have offered on your post.
    They’re very convincing and will certainly work.
    Nonetheless, the posts are too quick for beginners.
    May you please lengthen them a little from subsequent
    time? Thank you for the post.

• I’m korean Gyeong-gi Arts High school student. I’ll design umbrella package. I need what this package material.
    If you don’t mind asking, what material in this product?
    Please, tell me answer through my e-mail!!~~