Go back into the history of measurements and we know that in the ancient times, body parts used to be the standard for measurements; hence ‘a foot’. The need for uniformity paved way for the metric and imperial systems that are now commonly used. However our basic instincts still make us want to use ‘a span’, ‘two finger spaces’ or ‘an arm’s length’; old habits die hard I guess! To resolve this and bridge the gap between digital accuracy and human approximations is the Smart Finger. It is a device that caps your thumb and forefinger (or any 2 fingers) and uses the signals relayed between the two finger points to calculate the measurement.
- The Smart Finger is made from silicon to offer a comfortable fit to any finger size.
- It can help measure length, breadth, and volume in a very intuitive way through simple button operations.
- The distance (measurement) is calculated on the basis of the time taken by the signal to beam from one finger tip to the other and back.
- The measured distance is displayed through LED.
- The device sports 2 buttons that help display the measurements in different units, record and store the measurement, calculate volume and area plus view the information in text format (details on how to operate are explained in the images).