Conversion On The Rule

The modern ruler or measuring tape hasn’t been innovated enough, or so feels designer Yan-Ting Chen. Especially when it comes to conversion of Metric Units to Imperial (or vice versa), while on the job, it’s tough to pull out the calculator or tax your brains with the mental math. So here’s the solution that will keep your hand steady while mark with the ruler aid and do the centimeters to inches in a jiffy, The E Ink Ruler! I’m not getting into the tech-specs (not been provided!), but for its idea per se I think this is super!

Designer: Yan-Ting Chen

• dhdesign says:

It is a really embarrassed design!

If we can plant the expensive digital display technology similaring to the OLED into the ordinary measuring tape, I think we need a future and technological shape tool not only making superficial changes from the old tool.

• dhdesign says:

It is a really embarrassed design!

• vogelcube says:

This is a neat idea, but the idea has very limited merit… if it switches only between Metric & imperial, why not just make it double-sided? This would make sense if there was a larger gamut of different measurement systems to switch between, or an overarching need for a measuring tape with scaling font, or an input method for holding data on a specific location ("Mary Poppins, Delightfully perfect in every way").

• vogelcube says:

This is a neat idea, but the idea has very limited merit… if it switches only between Metric & imperial, why not just make it double-sided? This would make sense if there was a larger gamut of different measurement systems to switch between, or an overarching need for a measuring tape with scaling font, or an input method for holding data on a specific location (“Mary Poppins, Delightfully perfect in every way”).

• vogue says:

why not just make it double-sided……….my ruler is made it like that .

• vogue says:

why not just make it double-sided……….my ruler is made it like that .

• Ad design says:

An uneccessary high tech solution for a problem that doesnt exist-there are a multitude of tape measures with both metric and imperial units printed on it, and they work just fine.
    Think of the rescources that would be used to produce this product that has a shorter life span and i assume worse relaibility than a normal measure.
    use your design skills and imagination for a real problem!

• Ad design says:

use your design skills and imagination for a real problem!

• Hello! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it’s new to me.
    Anyways, I’m definitely delighted I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and checking back often!