Sikker Is For Safety

Oh but it’s much much more. The Sikker (Danish for safety) is a jack of all trades baby monitor, radio, alarm clock, and watch. One bracelet stays on baby; the other on parent. The units work in tandem with the base station to transmit basic biometric data about baby’s condition like temperature. The units also transmit sounds and even remotely play music for baby.

Designers: Jessica Mendoza & Henoc Monte

sikker

sikker2

Sikker Intercommunication System Between Parents and Their Baby by Jessica Mendoza & Henoc Monte

sikker4

sikker5

Shares 81.7K

• Heather says:

Great concept. Figure out a way to also monitor baby’s respirations and it would be even better.

• Maria says:

This would also be amazing for not only babies, but children and adults with epilepsy who have a seizure in their sleep. SUDEP(sudden unexpected death in epilepsy) is a very serious and scary thing!

• Bud says:

Maybe better then monitoring respitory rate monitor SPO2 on the baby would be a good indication for it and could alarm at a critical value like 93%. And the temp function I like. This is a product that I would love to use

• krystal says:

I agree about spo2, if your child has respiratory issues then get a monitor from Pcp. Below 90% spo2 is abnormal, not 93%. That would mean the child has not been breathing for 10 or more seconds and could be having obstructive hypopnic or central sleep apnea.

• Megan says:

This would be perfect if it could read the baby’s pulse

• Raptor says:

Concept has been around for quite some time…had this in a project done more than 5 years ago (exact same concept…mom baby monitoring) and another spin off of the project was also to use the temperature (shivering) to automatically adjust the Air conditioner.

• Tricia says:

I’m a parent who lost her first baby to SIDS, I am now pregnant with my second child and I am looking for something like this to ease my mind! When will it be ready for retail?

• Rachel says:

Try the angel or is it halo monitor. It’s a pad they sleep on that alarms if they stop moving

• Tricia says:

I’m a parent who lost her first baby to SIDS, I am now pregnant with my second child and I am looking for something like this to ease my mind. When will it be ready for retail?

• Cynthai says:

It’s called angel care.. Sold at baby r us, it detects your baby’s breathing!!!! It a must for peace of mind!!!

• MommaP says:

What a great idea. I sure will look it up on my next go around. Will you please send a website or something where I can purchase one? Thanks

• Guea says:

Where can I find this product and buy it?

• I enjoy, lead to I found just what I was looking for.
    You have ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man.
    Have a great day. Bye

• Two mom says:

There’s also a product called Snuza that attaches to the front of the diaper to monitor respirations and movement. It vibrates to stimulate the baby if no movement or respirations are detected then sounds an alarm. I have them for my twins, best money ever spent! I know it works because one fell off in the middle of the night, the alert went off and scared the crap out of us! The Angel mats are okay but the Snuzas can stay on them all the time whether they are in the crib, carseats, etc. napping.

• Carolyn1221 says:

Check out Snuzas! I have them for my twins! Better than the Angel mats.

• Hi there! I just would like to give an enormous thumbs up for the great information you’ve got right here on this post.
    I might be coming again to your weblog for extra soon.

• victoria says:

I would like to know the price and where to buy
    Read more at http://www.yankodesign.com/2010/03/19/sikker/#mS1LlLpCFWGUIBpp.99

• Anon says:

There needs to be a set with two large bracelets, to monitor an older child or spouse with health problems.

• Very nice dispositive. Today’s technology is amazing

• brittany says:

very interested how much etc…?

• Esther says:

I would love to have this product!

• Amna says:

is this product safe for the baby and mother? does it have any radiation?