Touchtable is a PMP that is interactive and intuitive. It features a large controller wheel that surrounds the screen and performs just like a turntable. It’s even sensitive to touch and pressure and when you use it in combo with the surrounding function buttons, it facilitates absolute user control over a track, through precise position, timing and pitch manipulation.
- One function button controls the simultaneous switching to a secondary track, allowing the user to mix records on the fly, or to scratch samples over a track.
- Through the cue output, each track is directed to either the left or right headphone, the beat and pitch can then be matched, a cue point created, and the combined tracks mixed out the main phono output.
- Two devices can also be combined wirelessly at the click of a button, to act similarly to the traditional DJ set up, just at around 1:8 the scale.
- This function also allows for multiple users to mix and scratch tracks together, combining their own Touchtable devices through one output.
- The device not only adds interaction to the personal listening experience, but can be used for performance.
- The Touchtable can be plugged into a computer, where it acts as a midi device, working with built in software, allowing complete creativity and control over customization and music creation.
- Touchtable allows for complex interactions, comparable to a complete DJ set up, however the device itself is very simplistic: designed for ease of assembly/disassembly, interchangeability and miniaturization through technology. It is not only ultra portable, but cost effective, easy and enjoyable to use.
Designer: Thomas Mascall