A Hood That Will Make All The Difference

Blockbuster Hollywood movies can bring on the spotlight to lesser know disease and medical conditions. For example, After Rain Man we all knew what Autism was. That story told us how autistic people suffer from impaired social interaction and communication. In children the condition is heightened with sensory disorders and even minor noises can disturb them. A recent research suggests that stimulants like music, aromatherapy, and textured toys can help alleviate the condition. This where something like the Beagle scarf-hoodie can help.

This scarf includes speakers in the hood making it the perfect soothing wrap, around the child’s ears. Furthermore, customized aroma patches along with textured inner pockets can be integrated to the scarf. Coping with as autistic child can be trying at times and if something like the Beagle can bring the child some relief, then so be it.

Designer: Leo Chao

Shares 8.8K

• Golan says:

Well done

• pat says:

I’d like it even without the bells and whistles!

• martin says:

how can i buy?

• cerberus says:

Unfortuneately one of the most common “ailments / symptoms” of autism in children is manifested as an extreme aversion to thier heads or ears being touched, as well as being “confined” – so the hoodie scarf may be a poor choice. The idea of using music and textured fabric is a good one…. just not wrapped around the head

• Nolan says:

I thought that the problem was being contacted by others around sensory organs, not just anything touching them.

• rich says:

seems like a very poor ploy to make design that matters…but doesn’t do a very good job of addressing the issue at all

would be ok marketed to a younger audience i suppose…

• Hollis Ervin says:

Why make an (honestly) insane-looking scarf-hood that’s not going to do any autistic kid favors in a social situation? What need does this serve that couldn’t be met by a fancy hoodie or a vest?

• mommy says:

My two children would love it. Honestly, for children, I think they are fun to wear, after all, they’re still children — they like playful things. I actually like it better that they’re not vest or hoodie because the size will be less an issue for my growing kids and plus, it would be a good add-on to their weighted vest. I also like how it integrates different sensory stimulations.

at least someone is trying to do something for those they’re often forgotten..

• mp3 dude says:

seriously. because eventually you kids will get beatin up for warein somethin like that

• wal.t.uring says:

You really think that? What if an expensive designer got behind this idea and made a fashionable version?

I doubt this version was meant for public

• Keely Biernacki says:

People wear hats with ears, I doubt this would summon all playground bullies. It actually seems practical.

• Zymish says:

Speaking as an autistic adult – so many people seem to forget that we exist, too – with mild to moderate sensory overload issues, I can say I'd love to have something like this. I think it looks really cool, actually, and as far as social situations go, the sort of person who would make a snap judgment on a person based on a single garment isn't someone I want to socialise with anyway.

I just want to know – is this commercially available, and is the hood size big enough to be suitable for an adult?

• Zymish says:

• ec says:

It’s interesting – is it for sale anywhere? how are the aromatherapy patches customized?? where is the music (in one of the pockets?

• sarrel says:

Are you kidding? My autistic sister would love this. She seems to like being wrapped up. I think it makes her feel safe. As long as it’s on her own terms and she can just snuggle up inside whenever, she would love it. She’s always curling up somewhere with her music on really loud, drowning out everything else. She would love it.

• Pingback: Chandrarinie
    • mae says:

You should definitely just ignore all of the rude people that have reacted to this. It’s obvious by their demeanor that they’re all just close minded bastards that wouldn’t know a good idea if it ate the entire lower half of their bodies. I seriously doubt this will be the center of any childhood bullying. It’s ignorant parents that raise their children wrong that cause bullies, not scarf/hood combos.

Moving on to what’s really important, I believe this design is absolutely brilliant. Not only would it be successful for it’s original purpose, but it has enormous market appeal. The appearance is very charming and not over-thought, definitely a plus. And with the popularity of music players these days, a design incorporating one would do very well. If I were the designer, I would start selling this ASAP. I’ll be checking back to see if you want to put them up for sale.

• Catori says:

Agreed, but make sure to make the music and/or electronic part(s) either completely removable, or completely water-proof…that's all the advice I have

• Catori says:

• Pingback: | Tânia Neiva
    • wasabi says:

Where can I buy one?

• wasabi says:

Where can I buy one?

• schoodie1 says:

A Schoodie is a scarf with a hood. Schoodies give you a fashionable look while keeping you comfortable and warm.

• Alter says:

Nolan is right, it is centered more around physical contact with other humans, but ever y case is different.

• dJhenn says:

I love this design! I spent the weekend making my own version of this for myself and my daughter, because I couldn’t find where to buy one. I think for some people w/ Autism spectrum disabilities it will be a great tool, but I definitely think there are people out there that would buy it for themselves. Great product!

• Ruth says:

I love this! I want it for my son. He would LOVE it! Please tell me how to buy it.

Those of you who talking it down are speaking without knowledge or experience.

• Mia says:

I wear hats and hoods like this (and even substantially more colorful ones) all the time. No one has ever made a derogatory comment or beaten me up. I’m twenty-three and a law student. Even my professors like my hats.

The biggest problem anyone who wears this will face is always an adult without any sense of empathy or even fun (’cause this hat is awesome) who wants to force their ideas of normality and adulthood on everyone else because they’ve let society suck out their soul. This kind of adult also makes fun of mentally and physically handicapped people, so their opinion is invalid anyway.

Also, your*, beaten*, wearing*, something*. Seriously, your browser has built-in spell check. Use it.

• Rex says:

I feel like this would be a good idea for people with anxiety as well. As a person with social anxiety I often find myself wishing I had something similar to this that would help calm me down during interactions with people I don’t know to well. Stuff like this shouldn’t just be limited to people with Autism is all I’m really saying (I don’t have anything against people with Autism, my younger brother has Autism).

• Wilburn says:

Your material is very intriguing.

• Heather says:

I want this scarf, where canI get it?

• Heather says:

I want this scarf, where can I get it?

• kelo says:

actually this kind of scarf/hat thing was very popular last year, and lots of people, myself included, still wear them. I also think this would be less constricting.

• kelo says:

actually this kind of scarf/hat thing was very popular last year, and lots of people, my 19-year-old, neurotypical self included, still wear them. I also think this would be less constricting.
      But I see your point. Plus, this design is less helpful for summer. I like the hooded vest idea. Maybe I’ll get one of these and alter it. If I could only find where to buy them!

• James says:

Well, this won’t work for everyone. I think that would be impossible. What people are averse to/want can be very different, even from time to time. But this will work for a lot of people.

• PinkTink says:

As a migraineur, I would **LOVE** one of these! Light & sound can get into torturous levels when I have an attack and can’t get to a quiet, dark room. I think (for me) the scents would be great in peppermint, vanilla, and lavender; all separate scents for my situation please, when you try to combine any of them they usually end up making my situation worse.
      PLEASE think about reaching out to the migraine community!

• I have been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts in this kind of space .

Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this site.
      Studying this information So i am glad to convey that I have
      an incredibly good uncanny feeling I discovered
      just what I needed. I so much no doubt will make certain to don?t omit this
      site and give it a look on a relentless basis.