The Brave Little Light Cable

The entire cord is stays whichever way you style it. It’s got a flexible electrical lining that allows the entire chord to take part in the way the lamp sits. It’s like, totally alive. Every style is unique. Not like those crappy normal lights. Think of all the things you could use this for! I’d bring it with constructing with me. Next we need it to have some A.I. in there so it could go the next step: follow me around and totally snake smart.

Look at the plainness! Designer Mi-So Sim says that “a good model is formed only by the characteristic elements of objects.”

What the!

As simple as it gets is (sometimes) as excellent as it gets. Once a basic element like the versatile electrical lining of this lamp was discovered, the pole could be dispensed with! All that’s needed is the plug, the chord, the bulb, and the switch!

Hey. Don’t really even need the switch, come to think of it.

Designer: Mi-So Sim

• Anonymous says:

• Lamah says:

I hope that the cable really is strong. Were it to sag, the hot light bulb could end up resting on nicely flammable fabrics or coverings.

• David says:

Are the people making the reviews even design educated, or with some basic design background, and visual culture??
    A lamp like this, even better (because it has something to protect your eyes from direct lighting!) has been around since 1969, from renamed designer Isao Hosoe, it’s called “Hebi snake lamp”.
    So, are you guys posting stuff from 1969 on a 2009 website??
    I thought this site was about innovating….

• pepinthewicked says:

THANK YOU DAVID! Honestly, people. Take out a design book. May I recommend “1000 Lights Vol. 2.”

It’s phenomenal.

• zippyflounder says:

there is very little that is “new” in design, you see it generaly when new materials or processes allow new forms to be used.

• Henrique Staino says:

Well David, I agree that this lamp isn’t exactly innovative. But if you can’t notice the differences between the two designs, it’s you who should improve your design education, background and visual culture. With all due respect.

• David says:

Yes Henrique, it is very innovative to go from green to yellow, or change the thickness of a wire….maybe we all should make articles about the ever innovative change of underwear….cause you know…its different every day…
        Design is not styling and its not about being different, it implies functionality, production technology, ergonomic consideration, improvement over older artifacts and amongst other factors, style.
        If today’s society thinks that style or being different is design…and that by changing a tiny detail is doing “innovative design thinking” or whatever bullshit the marketing departments use, than it is a pity, but it is the same as calling the remake of a movie as an original and innovative piece…but I guess crap movies still have their audiences…

• Piers says:

Actually, the fact that this one can be made cheaply at home without needing the flexible wire covering of the Hebi, and also needs no lacquering etc as it goes for an ultra minimal gonzo form-is-function look, means it is quite a different piece of design, even if there are some obvious similarities. But price and accessibility should never be overlooked when assessing a design, and in these aspects this piece of DIY lamp making is completely different from the Snake Lamp.

I do love the snake lamp, I have two of them, but I think this is a cool idea worth blogging on. Haterzzzz gonna hate lol

• Eric says:

So it’s a beautifully executed version 10.0 of something, cute. I like it, I would get a couple to make a tall corner piece from… Wires are cool, especially “freezing” them in time.

• Pingback: ironyjk's me2DAY
  • Awesome I really like this,

• Well, FORM US WITH LOVE have used this concept before…Check out their Cord Lamp.
    Just a piece of advice to all designers : Do some research before releasing something at the Internet and saying it´s the best design ever.

• Jonas Forsberg says:

This is basically an exact copy of FORM US WITH LOVE:s concept. Even the presentation of the lamp with the twirled cord is the same.

Shame on Mi-So Sim and also on Yanko Design for posting this rip-off!

• Kevin says:

it’s very similar to Black & Blum’s kind of magic light

• Hi everyone, it’s my first go to see at this site, and article is in fact fruitful for me, keep up posting these types of articles or reviews. how to stop Ringing in ears in Six Steps

• Much less pleasant but equally essential is understanding expertise these kinds of as cleansing dentures, feeding
    individuals, having temperatures and measuring catheter output,
    all of which totally get ready students for the expertise evaluation test.
    When too much pressure is put on the hair over time it can speed
    up the hair shedding process, resulting in the loss
    of hairs already in the telogen phase. Your hair protected the top of
    the head from the elements.

• Just re-cover the counter with a new laminate sheet.

These types of surgeons are often targeting patients with big budgets who are ready to shell out the big
    sum of money just for looking better. Miami won’t need to rely heavily on Lewis, but he’ll increase the team’s depth and provide yet
    another scoring option on arguably the league’s most dangerous offensive team.

• Good day! This post could not be written any better!
    Reading through this post reminds me of my previous room mate!
    He always kept chatting about this. I will
    forward this write-up to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read.

Many thanks for sharing!