Dieter Rams rightly puts it, “Design should not dominate things, should not dominate people. It should help people. That’s its role.” To help progress in this direction, we have the Design Turkey Conceptual Design Awards. One that you can participate and take home name, fame, accolades and prizes. Hit the jump to know more.
This is one of the most prestigious awards in the world and is a design evaluation system organized with the collaboration of the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Economics, the Turkish Exporters Assembly (TIM) and the Industrial Designers Society of Turkey (ETMK), within the framework of the TURQUALITY program endorsed by ICSID for 2014.
Design Turkey Conceptual Design Awards are awarded to the design projects, which have not yet been scheduled to be produced. Evaluation of the conceptual design awards is carried out in a four-step process comprising application, pre-selection, awarding and promotion.
- Design Turkey conceptual projects are open to ALL international applications.
- Only projects that have not been scheduled to be produced can apply for Design Turkey conceptual design awards.
- Project must have been exhibited in a public space between the dates of 01.01.2012 and 27.05.2014.
- Applications will be made according to the Design Turkey sector categories.
- Projects prepared by jury members, family members of the jury or the companies they work for cannot be nominated for conceptual design awards.
- Participants cannot apply to Design Turkey Conceptual Design Awards with their projects undertaken as school assignments.
- Applications for Conceptual Design Awards are made over the internet.
- During application, information about the designer or the design team, information explaining the design concept and digital conceptual design presentation layouts are requested.
- Credentials of the designers are kept only by the award secretariat and they are not submitted to the jury members.
- For applications, early application fee, timely application fee and late application fee are USD 30, 50 and 100, respectively.
- An international jury consisting of 5 people for each sector examines the applications for conceptual design over the Internet.
- They preselect the applications by voting considering the compliance with the scope of the contest and application requirements, originality and evaluation criteria. Second round Conceptual Design evaluation will be carried out with the participation of all Design Turkey jury members over the exhibited projects according to the conceptual project criteria.
- Conceptual Design Awards will be granted to designs in each category that best meet the conceptual design criteria as a result of the jury evaluation.
- Awards will be announced to the media and the public at an award ceremony.
- The project designer will be awarded a certificate and an award statue at the award ceremony.
- Award-winning products will be showcased in the exhibition.
- All short-listed projects will be published in the exhibition catalogue and on the website of Design Turkey.
- Award-winning designs will be published in Design Turkey Award-Winning Designs Catalogue and showcased in the award-winning designs exhibitions in Turkey and abroad.
- Time Applications 12.07.2014 – 19.08.2014
- Late Applications 20.08.2014 – 30.08.2014
- Announcement Of Qualified Products For Exhibition 30.09.2014
- Deadline for Payment Of Exhibition Fees – 15.10.2014
- Start for Shipment Of Products – November 2014
- Setting up The Exhibit Products – November 2014
- Start of Evaluation Of The Products – November 2014
- Deadline for Additional Award Statue Fee Payment – November 2014
- Exhibition and Awards Night – November 2014
- Publishing of the Winners Catalogue – 01.02.2015
E-mail : [email protected]