UPDATE: See you in Chicago! Registration ends on Aug. 11, 2013!
As a cutting-edge innovator you are breaking the rules almost every single day! Take the recent iOS7 interface for example, Jony Ive has re-written the rules about the role of a product or industrial designer. So get ready to Throw the Rule Book Out the Window, Blaze a New Path and Kick Your Career up a Notch in the Process! Yanko Design will be there at IDSA’s 2013 International Conference, Breaking the Rules! Question is, Will You?
When we create revolutionary ideas and game-changing innovations, we tear down predefined assumptions. But how can you know which rules to break and which to keep? Find out at IDSA’s 2013 International Conference, Breaking the Rules, Aug. 21-24 in Chicago!
Here are three reasons why you should be a part of this path-breaking conference:
- Get inspired by speakers who are thought leaders from outside of design with fresh perspectives on how innovators and game changers operate in other fields.
- Learn from the best including some of the most captivating cutting-edge design leaders
- Fast track your information exchange with high-octane TED-style 20-minute presentations in a single track.
- Dean Kamen, founder and president of DEKA Research & Development Corp
- Bruce Nussbaum, award-winning writer, former assistant managing editor for Business Week and professor of innovation and design at Parsons The New School for Design
- John Bielenberg, founding partner at FUTURE, designer, entrepreneur and creator of Project M
- Bill Buxton, principal researcher at Microsoft Research, former researcher at Xerox PARC, chief scientist of Alias Research and SGI Inc. and co-recipient of an Academy Award for Scientific and Technical Achievement
- Pat Schiavoni, global vice president of design for Whirlpool Corp., designer of the 11th generation Ford F-150, the best-selling truck in the world, and the 1994 Ford Mustang, a refresh that is said to have saved the “pony car”
- Surya Vanka, principal manager of user experience at Microsoft, author and international lecture
Unlike the traditional conference where on-stage speakers present to a large audience, everything about the Unconference is completely participant driven! This session will be held only on Thursday, 22nd August.
Multiple sessions run in parallel, each addressing an entirely different subject matter. It’s an excellent contrast to the rest of the conference allowing for more in-depth and personal discussions to take place on an even wider spectrum of subjects.
It is also a perfect fit for the Breaking The Rules theme.
- Early registration: open through June 15, 2013
- Regular registration: June 16 -July 20, 2013.
- Late registration: July 21- Aug. 11, 2013.
- On-site registration: Aug. 12 -Aug. 24, 2013
- All registration deadlines are midnight EST