Anywhere Mouse

I love the finesse that the Arc Mouse promises to bring to my computer usage experience. I hate those miniscule mini-mouse that you are supposed use with laptops. Given that I use Photoshop and many other software at one go, track pad navigation is a big no-no for me. The grip of the small mouse is cumbersome and when you are commuting you really can’t use them. So in steps the Arc Mouse, one that you can use on any surface, including your jean-clad thigh! The curved ergonomics makes it possible for you to grip it well and use it on surfaces that may not be flat. Bring us a prototype soon…please!

The Arc Mouse is a 2012 IDEA Awards entry.

Designers: Seunghoon Shin and Chang Seok Kim

• The Jackson says:

Interesting approach, but the outcome is terrible in terms of ergonomics and not very aesthetically appealing.

• Tom says:

Why is it called Arc? What an unoriginal name *cough* Micrsoft Arc Mouse *cough*.

You’ve taken the Arc Mouse, turned it on it’s side and applied Apple’s white design to it.

Unoriginal, uninspired, ugly.

• Matthias says:

why is the mousewheel a “touch”-wheel? Like many new concepts this one also uses touch-sensitive surfaces instead of the seemingly old & booring Buttons and wheels. But tell you what: Buttons and Wheels give feedback. Touchpads dont. You dont even realise youre accidently scrolling till you see the outcome on the screen.

You say its more natural to use, I say its not. Touchscreens and the likes should be carefully considered on concepts.

• tyzon says:

Yeah I agree about the whole touchscreen issues. I read an article on Design Sojourn that talked along the lines of when to use touchscreens.

As far as this design I like where it’s headed. I’m not really sure the designer was focused on external design as much as the concept, so I’ll give him/her a pass on that.

I’d like this concept to make use of new lab created materials able to conform to shape bending properties. Yeah that’s where its at!

• Daniel says:

I like it, make it so it can work on flat surfaces too and you are onto a winner. I have suggestions if interested…

• VBuxe says:

Try these guys for replacement..

• Theresa says:

That’s great computer usage experience without mini mouse its really cool Gadgets

• Link exchange is nothing else but it is only placing
    the other person’s webpage link on your page at
    proper place and other person will also do similar in support of you.

• Simon says:

great post dude. i post too this article. credits add to you!

thanks!

• Widząc na własne oczy wykonane już projekty dla innych firm można ocenić
    jak bardzo dana agencja reklamowa jest dobra w tym co
    robi.

• Jego relacja z matką rozwija się na podstawie biologicznej wzajemności: matka potrzebna jest dziecku, a dziecko potrzebne
    jest matce.