The Circle Printer

One of the most annoying computer peripheral on anyone’s desk is the printer. It’s noisy, it vibrates and it takes up so much space! Which is why I’m all for innovations that look at minimizing size without losing functionality. ‘Circle’ is one such attempt that has impressed me. One look and you won’t even realize that it’s a printer, looks more like humidifier or a fancy pot. Wish that manufacturers would look in this direction too; HP are you listening?

Designer: Yang Jae Wook

• GL says:

I want my paper to come out flat and straight.

• Lan says:

paper jam waiting to happen>?

• James says:

Lovely concept design with some wonderful renders. About as practical as a chocolate teapot but still nice to see. Can you imagine trying to curl 50+ sheets into it and keep them all lined up; or on the reverse side, having to insert one new sheet of paper everytime you wanted to print something?

• Nathan says:

It’s a good attempt at going in a different direction, but it may pose some serious mechanical problems. Personally, I think it’s more feasible to investigate vertical printing as a solution to this problem.

• Alvin says:

Good idea but paper might not come out straight.

• kida2014 says:

i see an intense design with a lot of potential for a printer that doesn’t require a lot of space for a unit.
    plus for the others that think this has low potential remember that when we print pages it matters not how they come out but what we with them when they come out of the printer and plus the printer makes it very stealthy so most people would see a bin or something or a type of decoration piece.

and now to the designer i present 5/5 stars on the product design for a device meant for printing only it is very unique and interesting and cool id say.

• Peter says:

This clearly is thinking out of the box. Love it!

• Maryline says:

Good concept that certainly addresses a problem, a problem tha I have right now; but I’ll be concerned about feedind the paper, and paper jam. Great design and render, and it’s really cool too, and people like cool 🙂

• Jonathan says:

The designer stated that this product is geared toward people who have decreased their paper usage and therefore don’t print much but who still need a printer occasionally.

• hp 364 says:

This is unique… first its like a decoration on your desk, you wouldn’t notice that its a printer at first and it won’t take much space on desk.

• All the different types of magical creatures have been added ranging from the infallibly good to atrociously evil with an exclusive costume of each of
    them depending on their nature. Dual SIM phones are of two basic types – standby and active.

The Paper Jamz Pro Mic is great for those who love to sing.

• Nice Guy says:

so buy a regular one

• Achim Weber says:

super great nice print design.
    With my printer cartridges it will print
    Greetings Achim

• Clair says:

Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thank you, However I
    am having difficulties with your RSS. I don’t know why I can’t join it.
    Is there anyone else having identical RSS
    issues? Anyone who knows the answer can you kindly respond?
    Thanx!!