Flying Home of Tomorrow

When it comes to traveling homes, some prefer the land and some prefer the sea… but in the future, some will choose the sky! The Wolke 7 flying home concept has modern creature comforts and then some… not to mention, style that looks straight out of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Hit the jump to check out the dirigible digs!

Designer: Timon Sager

• Jimmy C says:

Fancy! Loving the interior woodwork!

• Ispirare says:

love the idea and the sculptural form of the ballons, but question the fractal nature of the living pod… shouldn’t it be more aerodynamic?

• xfantasy says:

Fancy home in future! very good idea

• parder says:

Very nice work. I really like it!

• Quintin says:

Very cool idea. Perhaps for some billionaire…

• deadcat says:

the whale shape zeppelin concept is not new…i forgot the name but it was a famous designer. difference is that this design put two zeppelin whales πŸ˜€

• deadcat says:

btw, i am guessing that using two balloons is not efficient nor safe.

• Dave Schultze says:

Cool idea, and nice images. Two questions

(a) Are those air bags large enough to lift the house? They seem way too small compared to other zeppelin-to-payload examples.

(b) The props looks like they MIGHT turn sideways, but its the all-important vertical vectoring that seems to be missing.

• MDesigns says:

Title could read: Flying home for tomorrow’s millionaire. But I like the idea and shape….I wish it were steampunk, then I would want one bad.

• Gv says:

Well….I don’t want to be below it when someone flushes the toilet.

• Tom says:

Looks great. I can’t really imagine living in one but would be great for holidays.

• Isa says:

Needs solar panels….

• Da says:

Can’t help but wonder about UV degradation to the containment spheres. Otherwise it would at some point require deflation and/or a hangar

• moo says:

Why not an orbitting space satellite home while we are at it? No, seriously. Is there really a substantial and realistic market for hot-air balloon homes? This is like the boat-home ideas. How much of the population do you know actually lives on a boat and call it their home? My uncle does that and everyone thinks he is crazy. We need air cities and ocean cities before mobile homes like these can really be expected, I think.

• Hunter says:

Zeppelins aren’t aerodynamic at all.

• Vyndarlys says:

A few things cropped up… One, I agree Solar would be a Great Idea… little is given to the Engine/utilities/fuel portion, which I’d rather like to know…
    Secondly, The sort of shut-in aerodynamics you would see in most aircraft are not required as Dirigibles do not travel at high speeds, nor do they have to… I bet this one would do well enough, but the idea is to go slower and thus standing on the balcony while at speed is less of an issue…
    Thirdly, the potential for energy savings and efficiency are pretty high here, and with all Zeppelins as the machine expends No Energy to Stay aloft… hence the slower speeds are possible, and (this is not a HOT air balloon but a gas filled version) simply hovering, with a stable anchor point, would essentially use No Energy at all… (hence Solar could be used to great effect!)
    No, my main concern is with Landing… the ‘docking’ of a blimp usually requires a fair number of people on the ground, and I’d rather see a secondary method of boarding and unloading that does Not Require full touchdown… Then, the anchors required to keep it down, especially in winds, become important to have Well Attached!

• David says:

Depends on what country you live in. There quite a few places where “boat” or “floating” housing in the new big thing, and really the only place to continue residential construction.

• David says:

Agreed. Personally I’ve always fancied the idea of living in an airship, but had questions banging around. Such as what survivability would you have in a wind storm, what climates would best suit staying airborne, and how large of a craft would you need overall to house a comfortable living area?

• I write a leave a response whenever I especially
    enjoy a post on a blog or if I have something to add to the conversation.
    Usually it’s a result of the passion communicated in the post I looked at. And after this article Wolke 7 – Home in the Sky by Timon Sager » Yanko Design. I was actually moved enough to drop a thought πŸ˜‰ I actually do have 2 questions for you if you usually do not mind. Is it just me or does it appear like a few of these responses look like coming from brain dead folks? πŸ˜› And, if you are writing at additional online sites, I would like to follow you. Could you list the complete urls of your public pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

• Sam N says:

This is official the most awesome way to watch Iron Man.

• Sam N says:

*officially. No edit button? :'(

• Process Like Planning to moving, Packing of household goods
    and valuable belonging, arrangements of vehicles for
    transportation, loading, unloading and then unpacking, rearranging the all household
    and valuable goods. Choosing the right moving company is not
    an easy process and we recommend to start your search as soon as
    you decide to move. Stacy – Consistency is key,
    and taking on the responsibility of the success or failure of your work and
    efforts is important, They (the artists) are in control of anything
    positive or negative that comes their way.

• I blog often and I really thank you for your
    information. This article has really peaked my interest.

I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new
    etails about once per week. I opted in for your Feed as well.