Bike of Prey

I love a wild-inspired design, especially when its influence is so obvious. The BMW Ghost is a glimpse into what the next generation of motorcycles will look like, and it goes without saying that animate-aesthetics are already starting to trend especially when it comes to vehicles and bikes (love it). Don’t let the gentle snowy white with blue detailing fool you- there’s a 1600 cc, 6 cylinder engine wrapped in that complex body. I’d name mine Hedwig.

Why BMW? The brand is a natural choice for forward thinking, innovative design.

Designer: Marko Petrovic

• Jarosław Ciupiński says:

Finally. Some nice design that is not trying to reinvent wheel ending up being ridiculous.

This one is doable, you clearly see what inspired it and looks as something that one could easily see on the street.

• Jesuan says:

One question – What’s the strongest element in a BMW motorcycle design?

• J Moys says:

Excellent stuff. Like Jaroslaw said – viable but progressive and beautifully restrained.

• SUe says:

I dont know, but i have never really seen a particular design characteristic which is inherent to BM’s bikes (unlike the grille for the cars/SUVs etc) so i’d guess if you really want it to come across as a beamer it would need to be the logo on the side.

Maybe somebody else will have a better idea

PSlove the design but would have loved a sharper looking beak and bigger wider angel eyes light to look more like the owl

• MDesigns says:

Gorgeous design and awesome renderings. I agree with SUe, the front end needs some adjustments. Nice job Marko.

• WZhangID says:

The 3d modeling and sketches… This guy has it all.

• Jason Wang says:

My jaw is on the floor. This is gorgeous.

• tim says:

Omg WANTT .. I need to go change my pants

• Kroneif says:

That low profile rear tire will kill handling, Needs some more sidewall height. Also with all that bodywork a bigger windscreen would make it slipperier. That low square radiator will drag when cornering and the suspension compresses.
    Looks good but functionality is compromised and functionality is the one true element that defines a BMW motorcycle.

• Johnny Canuck says:

What’s so special about this design? It’s not significantly different than many of the crotch-rockets out there. The design is interesting, but not really very cutting edge.

Given that it’s a German motorized product, it will be over-engineered, expensive to buy and astonishingly expensive to repair.

If you want value for money, go Japanese. Reliable and somewhat reasonably priced.

• Dave says:

The classic BMW styling was the visible boxer engine and levered suspension, but they sold their soul on that a few years back.

Raising the tank height and dropping the nose does put me in the mindset of the classic cafe racers and this bike does remind me quite strongly of the stunning benelli cafe racer released a few years back…

BMW absolutely has the history and brand prestige to pull off a credible cafe racer and to me it would be a better way for them rather than the quirky and off the cuff designs they’ve released as of late.

• Ryan says:

Hedwig is known for crashing, so that probably isn’t a great name for a motorcycle.

• Dave says:

I think this project highlights the need for designers to be knowledgeable of many things beyond aesthetics. First, let me state how attractive this bike is, and the designer’s sketches are wonderful – they could be in a book on “how to illustrate for ID”.
    But… 1600cc 6cyl? As mentioned above, BMW did move away from its ‘signature’ motorcycle design elements a few years ago, and now has a very successful race bike (rr s1000). As a designer, you will need to consider how BMW as a company would look at it. If it is a race-inspired street bike (as the riding setup, rake, tires, etc. seem to indicate) then you’ll want your bike to be able to be raced in a well-known circuit, but as of now, there is no 1600cc/6cyl class of bikes.
    Also, look at other manufacturers’ attempts to make huge-engine bikes. Norton had a go at a 1500cc/v8 awhile back. I don’t mean that engine technology won’t progress to the point where your design is feasible, but for the foreseeable future, it seems unlikely that engines will get much bigger than 1000cc for the bulk of race bikes (except of course the contest between the zx-14 and the hayabusa, but those aren’t really raced outside of drag racing)
    The point of this overly-worded ramble is that if you go to the effort of making an outstanding design such as this, don’t ruin your credibility as a designer in your write-up. We all are put in situations which ask for technical specifications that we’re unsure of, but when you include eyebrow-raising specs, it adds to the stereotype that designers don’t ground their designs enough in reality.
    ps- you should move the left side exhaust back of the rearset, it’ll cook the rider’s toes as it is now.

• Pepe Sierra says:

I´m a BMW owner, and a big fan… I´ll never buy this bike, is horrible and hasn´t nothing purely BMW on it. It´s like a K1600GT, without K, without 1600 and without GT.
    Sorry, but your design goes to anywhere. Needs completely redesign.

• My pants are now stained…

• jozedwardo says:

One of the best I have seen in a very long time, Simply amazing.

• ANDY APPAN says:

BETTER DESIGN
    1/3 FUEL / HP ANDY ENGINE
    DOUBLE SPEER for SAME TON-HP by ANDY BEARING

• ANDY APPAN says:

BETTER DESIGN
    1/3 FUEL / HP ANDY ENGINE
    DOUBLE SPEER for SAME TON-HP by ANDY BEARING

• afzal says:

completely awesome…..just amazing!!!!this is what BMW is known for…

• vince says:

Dude, a concept should be somewhat linked to a possible final product and the number of things, that are wrong with this show me, that the designer is more of a car guy then a motocycle guy. Ground clearance? Lean angle? This bike would never make a 45° lean, never a 35° with a rider on it. Why the misleading connotation with the sporty rider – a 1.6 liter engine will never make it into a sportbike. You are talking sportbike aestetics with cruiser specs. If you want to go the X6M way, to stay in the BMW realm, then you may be fine. But come on… Who are you kidding.

• abbas says:

still to have a trail to judje dude………

• Wow, beautiful and more, I really like the design and more if is inspirated in an animal

• ANDY APPAN says:

BIKE 500 KG
    1600 CC ANDY ROTARY ENGINE N asp
    POWER / FUEL
    256 HP / PETROL 500 KMPH
    500 HP / METHANOL 1000 KMPH
    1500 HP / LIQUID+ POWDER FUEL 2000 KMPH
    SPEED= 2*HP/WEIGHT- T
    VC FUND 1,500,000 US$ 1 Yr
    ANDY APPAN, M E 45 Yrs EXPERT CHENNAI. INDIA
    FORMULA 1
    1600 HP, 600 KMPH WIN BY 12 LAPS

• bill says:

Doable? I would like to see the engineering specs on the 1600cc 6 cylinder engine. I don’t see that fitting into this design.
    Remember the Honda CBX? That was only a litre bike! If you haven’t yet seen one, it was fat, I’m talkin’ WIDE.
    So I’m wonderin’ what kind of wonderful technology could put 1600ccs into such a sveldte design?
    just wanderin’ bt

• kd says:

love it…but its gonna make it look like the rider is fucking a bird…

• ANDY APPAN says:

YES IT IS YOUR FAT CAN’T HELP
    1600 CC IS MENTIONED FOR BMW BIKE 2/4 CYLINDERS
    BUT ANDY ENGINE IS A ROTARY 1600 CC ENGINE
    DEVELOPS 256 HP / 1600 CC N Asp
    FUEL PETROL
    AWAY FROM WRANGELL, VANE, CUBE ETC
    TRANSPORT EQN , SPEED = 2*HP/WEIGHT
    SPEED = 2*256/0.5 = 1024 KMPH

• Shapewear says:

Now that is one sleek looking motor.

• Dave says:

After some research I must retract my earlier implication that you hadn’t done enough research. BMW has apparently had a 6cyl bike in the works for awhile. Their concept is very similar to yours in several areas. Since you designed this as a BMW, I think it’s good that your design clearly “fits” with the existing style vocabulary.
    But both you and BMW will have to talk to FIM about changing race rules to allow a 6cyl. bike 🙂
    Regarding the “speed equation” above – that’s just wrong. Given that 1024 km/h is 630+ mph…
    Anyway, cool design regardless of what the engine can/can’t do, and good job designing something that is obviously a BMW.

• brady says:

So, we’re looking at a K1600 motor stuffed into the skin of a S1000RR? Interesting concept. It’s a very cool looking design that, like has been said, isn’t so crazy it looks like it should be stuck in the asylum. A bike like this would draw some serious looks.

But, why stuff all that meat into so little casing? The RR is currently a blazing machine, and the k1600 an amazing touring platform…

Brady
    Behind Bars – Motorcycles and Life

• Adam oWoboros says:

Love the owl look. Gorgeous.

• Amazing! I wish I have it!

• husain says:

such a great design…i wanna ride dis bike…awesome work by designer….

• Steve says:

Nice! can I place a pre-order??

• Windy says:

I’ll take that over-engineered German bike.

My BMW just died of old age. It is a 1983 R100 and I rode her for 168,000 miles.

My question is who needs a 1600cc bike. I rode across the country several times with no problem.

And I’ll take a 2 cylinder R over a K every time.

• Donne Roma says:

Great bike! I’d like to ride one!

• Thomas Smith says:

yep, you are right

• relazat says:

Spot on I thought I was the only one that could see these flaws. Great as a poster on young boys bedroom walls.

• nic says:

perfect analysis.

• What’s up to every single one, it’s truly a pleasant for me to visit this site, it contains useful Information.

• Thanks for any other informative site. Where else may I
    am getting that type of info written in such an ideal approach?
    I have a project that I’m simply now working on, and I have been at
    the glance out for such info.

• As another example, here are the business coach for females idea again. These events are hugely important and beneficial.
    18.

• Annmarie says:

Una vez tengas a tus ídolos tendrás que seguir centrándote en conseguir diamantes y seguir conquistando islas, es la meta primordial de Boom Beach.