The Porsche 929

The Porsche Panamara is ugly. There, I said it! Maybe the guys at Porsche should have taken some notes from Designer Julliana Cho, because this electric concept looks like one hell-of-a car. This 4-seater has suitable comfort for long distance drives with the fam, but maintains the brand’s iconic fluid styling with some added severity and drama in the lines and contours that give it that necessary edge the larger Panamara needed to maintain sporty appeal. The catch… you have to share!

Tackling environmental and space issues, the designer imagines this concept as a community-share vehicle with a private feel. Members of the car-club could access a vehicle at any time from a central “docking” station where a variety of 929s would charge on a cleverly designed rotating parking structure. Personally, I want it all to myself.

Designer: Julliana Cho

• clemens says:

how do these rim covers work? they stay still while the wheel is rotating? where are they attached?

like the image of it!

• Quintin says:

I very much like the lines of this!

There are some issues that would need to be addressed:

No A pillars to connect the roof to the front of the car, it would require a very heavy chassis, like a convertible. But then it would also have a roof, making it weigh even more…

Also, the half-wheel covers are unclear to me.

The way the cars body ‘flows’ around the wheels looks very nice, but try to think about taking it around corners or actually driving it on a road instead of something as flat as a pool table…

I really like that the designer didn’t think up some fantastical performance and range numbers!

• oh man this car is perfect
    can’t wait to stand next to one of those in traffic

• I agree that the Panamerica is one ugly car, but this thing is even worse. Too much sculpture.

• MRW says:

Beautiful design. In stark contrast to the ghastly ugliness of the Panamera.

• Jim says:

This is ridiculous! That rear bumper will only attract road soils and once mixed with moisture will create small piles of mud. But, I suppose this wasn’t made as a practical every day vehicle. 🙂

• Hero_john says:

i don’t like it… looks like something out of i robot specifically the wheels and rear bumper good to see that Porsche is not just reusing old designs though the 918 was much prettier

• MDesigns says:

Somewhat interesting for a next year intro, but dissappointing for a Porsche. I expect so much more from concept automoviles. I don’t understand the half-wheels and the parking rack is ridiculous…I would never let my old toyota be placed upside down, much less a sports car.

• Jesuan says:

Amazing job here! I see Porsche in any angle and it’s not stuck to the past. And it’s good looking! Congratulations!

• mike says:

bold statement with these tail lights…

• Ed says:

Love the car design but my concern is with the parking rotisserie. You’re flipping the car upside down?!

I don’t know a lot about the mechanical implications but the thought of all the stuff I have in my car being rolled around inside when I park isn’t an entertaining idea. Car parking innovations shown in Japan keep the car right side up so perhaps using those for reference could point you in the right direction 🙂

• Awesome! =) I really like it

• eno says:

looks awesome but try driving it over a speed bump….

• tamas says:

how will you get out of the car in your garage or other parking building???
    This door needs 3-4 m height if opened…

• Francoin says:

wow, well done! Great styling, well executed presentation stuffs!
    Impressing!

• michele says:

looks awesome but try driving it over a speed bump….

• Ben says:

Not a bad design but how do you replace the wheels if they get flat? It would be cool if the covers were hinged but if they’re not really how would you replace it? Also I don’t think the Panamera is that ugly, seeing though as it is a relatively new car. 🙂

• Dickson says:

perfectly crazy

• Dickson says:

perfect

• Antony says:

An outstanding share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a coworker who had been doing
    a little research on this. And he actually bought me lunch due to the fact that I discovered it for him…
    lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanx for spending some time to talk about this
    topic here on your blog.

• Jeannette says:

Hey there would you mind stating whijch blog platform you’re using?

I’m planning tto start mmy own blog soon but I’m having
    a tough time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
    The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely
    unique. P.S Apologies for being off-topicbut I had to ask!

• Bridget says:

Ӏ visіt day-to-day some web sites anԁ blogs to reaԁ pοsts, excpt this blog provideѕ feature based articles.

• niburu.co says:

You have to stop what you’re doing, and get the hose or cable out from under the tires.

By doing this will it help minimise or even avoid situations where you
    have to cope with problems such as cold mornings or icy roads.
    Only certified and well trained experts and repair technicians who have years
    of experience of performing everything from oil changes to a complete
    engine overhaul can understand the condition of your car.