Subtle Reminders for Eco-Awareness

Inspired by the study of hybrid environments in urban ecology, the Growth Plate light switch seeks to bring awareness to nature by forcing contact between the living environment and the individual user. The subtle reminder serves not only as a representative of green-living, but as an aesthetically creative and whimsical accent.

Designer: Andrew Harmon

• Christophe Gouache says:

Better not have to water it… anyway nice concept.

• Christophe Gouache says:

Better not have to water it… anyway nice concept.

• Johnny says:

Growing things need water, and water doesn't really mix that well with electricity.

• Johnny says:

• Fascinating design! I'd love to learn more about how it works. It makes me wonder whether it would actually serve its intended purpose though…I suppose when looking out the window only offers a view of concrete, this might be an effective way to force that contact. There are so many other ways though. Check out Fashioning Change's daily eco-tips to find out more!

• Eno Mths Rasmussen says:

well as a father i dont think this would work for any one with kids or destructive teenagers in the house . but the concept is really nice.. maybe if you made it ourt of perspex(see trough) and made it akin to the small plan aquarias where they are in a closed enviroment.

• Eno Mths Rasmussen says:

• marko says:

This project seems interesting, until very creative, I like when things have two functions as the decorative and functional …

• marko says: