Remembrance

I have a strange pet peeve- I hate when people display things on top of their coffee tables. Doesn’t matter if its books, photo albums, or knickknacks… it drives me crazy. Problem solved! Ok, so maybe it’s not really a prob to anyone else, but it’s exactly why I appreciate Mitch Steinmetz’s Rememberance coffee table. Instead of acting as a medium for the user and their entertainment, it becomes the entertainment…Taking the form of the common album, the coffee table flips open to reveal tchotchkes, memorabilia, photos etc., encouraging the creation of new memories while cataloging old ones.

Designer: Mitch Steinmetz

• Marianne says:

Love the coffee table! I want to show it to a client. Is it real? Can it be?

• Marianne says:

Love the coffee table! I want to show it to a client. Is it real? Can it be?

• Huund says:

I think it's a human habit to put stuff on shelves and tables. This precludes opening the table for the purpose of putting the stuff inside. So I don't see this solving the problem you set out for. Aside from that: I like the design!

• Grey says:

I'd have agree, even though it would look completely awesome in any apartment…i have a problem with the flexing "lid" with a cup of coffee on it?- needs reconsideration.. Also redesigning the "ottoman chest" is more of your thing here.

• Huund says:

• Grey says:

I'd have agree, even though it would look completely awesome in any apartment…i have a problem with the flexing “lid” with a cup of coffee on it?- needs reconsideration.. Also redesigning the “ottoman chest” is more of your thing here.

• @katuroo says:

this is completely stupid

• @katuroo says:

this is completely stupid

• Grey says:

• vogelcube says:

This is really smart. I have to agree with Huund, though – this is less of a useful everyday table as it is a friends-or-company-over, showcase-your-sense table. But it does help with having those things that you would WANT to keep on a coffee table (photos, chess set, coffee table books, etc) that are not practical in an everyday use. And +1 for not making the lid glass or mirrored. God those get old fast and with more downsides than up

• vogelcube says:

• Colleen says:

It's a cabinet of curiosities!

• JaiGuru says:

And again, the ever present problem of a design answering a question no one asked. A design that fails to take into consideration human nature is completely useless.

Your pet peave is people putting things on a table…

You may be in the wrong line of work here. Not being a dick, just saying.

• ismael says: