Yacht for Entertaining

Yet another intriguing concept from yacht enthusiast Hyun-Seok Kim. The Voronoi mega-yacht is named after the voronoi pattern of the irregular honeycomb lattice structure that encases it’s upper levels. This yacht was made to entertain. Hot tubs and golfing green occupy the upper deck and within the lattice on the bridge deck lies an indoor garden and luxurious pool area. The interior has all the creature comforts of home and then some. It even has a sleek emergency vessel for a stylish evacuation, but hopefully the captain’s only worry will be avoiding those honeycomb tan lines.

Designer: Hyun-Seok Kim

• Eddd222 says:

Very nice!!

• jongwoo says:

really amazing !!

• any says:

where i can take it, and what is the price to voyage?

• pzy says:

hard to clean…:)

• spex says:

not practical at all if u ever designed liners….

• Kim says:

have a dream. practical matter, money problem, painful critics can't limit your possibility.

• spex says:

its just a crazy idea

• Satan! says:

Nice touch with the topless Asian women. It makes the whole thing feel so much more real!

• grammarnazit says:

U spelled entrance wrong idiot

• leigh says:

That is a dream come true. Floating art. Gotta have it! Lets go!

• leigh says:

That is a dream come true. Floating art. Gotta have it! Lets go!

• leigh says:

That is a dream come true. Floating art.

• leigh says:

That is a dream come true. Floating art.

• solidadah says:

wow.. it's wonderful

• MMM says:

the best view for the passengers in a board is all the sky.This style of board just realy good for a building ,but this ideal isn't new for a building.

• daniel levy says:

muy super original!

• Stacy Ervin says:

….What if it rains though? I do like the idea of it. :]

• yauidea says:

ugly!

• Josh says:

Most ugly yacht I have EVER seen. As a designer, this sickens me slightly that somebody put so much time into 3D for such a horrible, horrible design.

• thank you for your comment and I will appreciate it if you tell me which point make you feel horrible.
      and also I wish I learn from you as a “Designer”
      please let me know your homepage
      thank you.

• Josh says:

I personally think its an awesome design, and a very interesting use of an existing design style. I think there is a hotel in Dubai that has an exoskelton similar to this. What I really enjoy about it is the Art aspect. Like any good piece of art it gets a strong response, good or bad doesn't matter, which is essential to anything not designed by an accountant. Very nice work and keep them coming, I'll need more good designs after I make my first billion.

• Lindsay says:

This person obviously put a lot of work into this. Just because you may not find it aesthetically pleasing does not mean you have to be rude.

• TedVitale says:

I do really enjoy the design, but from the stand point of a former deck hand as well as a designer, its just not a practical ship. You would never be able to keep that latice work clean. I worked on a 164' trinity for a year and a half and that was a pain in the ass, this would be impossible. That said, I still LOVE this design, and the way it looks is just beautiful.

• Thank you TedVitale. your comment helps me a lot. and I hope there will be some way to clean latice easy. such as high pressured water jet or some instrument can make cleaning easy.

• Lindsay says:

Sometimes as designers we need to dream BIG and impossible, our designs can always be “brought down to earth” but if they shouldn't probably start in a practical place. That's part of the beauty of design (and what we have engineers for!)

• Never trust a naval architect who does not have a slightest concept of maritime terminology.

The big question is not whether or not this boat provides a cool pastime on a sunny day. The big question is that is this floating contraption safe when the wave height is 10 m or more, wind howls at 60+ kn and water keeps pouring in horizontally. It generally isn't a good idea to locate the wheelhouse at the bow for exactly those reasons.

My advice to Mr. Kim is the following:

Go to high seas at monsoon season when the weather is the worst possible you can imagine on a boat design which is known to be safe so you will know what a storm at the sea really is. The sea is an utterly unforgiving element, and all naval architecture should always reflect survivability on worst conditions imaginable, not beauty or ingenuity. I faced last summer Force 8 gale at high seas on a yacht. Fortunately that design, H-35, is one of the best high seas design ever made in Finland, and while it sure was scary, I felt utterly safe. I could not say the same of this design – just one single breaking wave on either the wheelhouse or against the latticework, and there you go.

• Thank you Ironmistress for sharing your priceless experience with me. I just add tight linear beam structure front wheelhouse windshield glass and right underneath of cockpit area, there is a space to absorb sea waved water. (V logo area is a hole)

I guess these are not good enough for storm or something like you had experienced. anyway, I just tried to tell you I didn't ignore safety matter at all.

• Confucius says:

For me one of the most important reasons to buy a boat is fact that you escape every day life and are at one with nature, you can stand on the bow look out to sea and see nothing. You don't get that with this design, you view is obstructed by the latticework, like a cage. So for me it goes against one of the fundamental reasons for wanting to be at sea or own a boat in the first place.

• Thank you for your comment Confucius. I totally agree your opinion, nevertheless I designed like cage looks voronoi yacht is that the person who wanna buy like over 100m expensive yacht needs various tasty. not only normal yacht but also something different from ordinary designed yacht. of course it is totally my opinion. I need to find blue ocean.

• wonderer says:

do the girls come with it?

• Sure it is. didn't you see the girls bathing on sun deck?

• Kenney says:

So what happens when it rains?

• ElleMarie says:

The only thing that irks me is that picture of the woman golfing, are the golf balls going into the ocean? D:

• RussTea says:

those are some horribly horribly photoshopped people

• tommyjj says:

gross.

it looks like a 70 metre loofah.

what's with the esoteric mesh?

• Courtney says:

Anyone else notice how awfully those people at the table are photoshopped in?

• Brent says:

I'll take one. 3d Modeling looks great. Why not render 3d models as well and not photoshop?

• Mallsdorf says:

The boat design is nice, but golfing off of it? The ocean is littered enough as it is. Unless it's some sort of eco-friendly golf ball… There you go, someone go design an environmentally friendly golf ball and I'll endorse it.

• SeamoreButts says:

Whoever edited in the people into these pictures needs to work on their photoshop skills.

• Pretty, but isn't the point of owning a boat (if there is a point at all) the joy of an unfettered view of the ocean?

• Hyun-Seok Kim
    I think it is beautiful! Fantasy made real, thank goodness we all have different taste, yes? Otherwise this would b a boring, predictable world.

• lostsoul688 says:

Start with ridiculous and go backwards from there…

this is amazing. love how a 'dock' folds out from the sides and the emergency escape vessels are genius as well.

too bad i could NEVER afford to enjoy a minute on something like this.

• Owning a yacht like this is an absolute dream.

• Owning a yacht like this is an absolute dream.

• mjk says:

wow i like

• mjk says:

wow i like

• LAO says:

its very very cool if you wanna look at a piece of art or sculpture… but design wise i think they forgot that this is a boat.. the whole concept of the boat is feeling the presence of the ocean beneath you and the infinite feeling of the sky and horizon lines , its a given point… This design does not integrate properly with its natural surroundings it actually ripped out the heart of nature and crushed it.. This would have been amazing functionally if it was on land.

• LAO says:

• Sarah says:

The central staircase was beautifully done. It was hiding in a pretty small picture. Would love to see more of it.

• Sarah says:

• dragon says:

great design for yacht

• dragon says:

great design for yacht

• TAN says:

waht happens when it rains?! =o

• TAN says:

waht happens when it rains?! =o

• Yacht Designer says:

what a wonderful design, but I think you should read a book such as Principle of yacht design at first. do you know why many people blame your design? The dream what you imagine is just your dream. when you talk with practical yacht designers and plenty of boat builders, you should be more polite as much as you can, because you've never thought about scantling rules, for example. Also you should know they can draw better lines than you. 아무튼 렌더링 하나는 정말 멋지네요. 절대로 불가능한 꿈인걸 알지만, 그래도 탐나는 요트네요,,그리고 대부분 사람들이 머라하는건, 요트디자인이 본업인 사람들이 이런 예술적인 그림을 못그리는게 아니라 안그린다라는걸 알아달라는 소린거 같습니다. 물론 저도 그렇게 생각하구요. 그냥 가끔 이렇게 컨셉만 좋고 아름다운 요트를 디자인해놓고 요트디자이너라고 말하고 다니는 사람들 보면 정말 얄밉거든요.