Gulfstream G550

The ultra-long range Gulfstream G550 gets a seamless interior makeover to enhance the in-flight experience for both passenger and pilot. The leather clad cockpit features ergonomic manual controls and seating as well as the latest in light avionic technology. Passenger areas are spacious and bright, complemented by Gulfstream’s signature oval windows. iPad integration allow users to control all aspects of the cabin including climate, entertainment, and even lighting. I’ll take 2.

Designer: Stefan Radev

• Eddd222 says:

Please get rid of the Ipads

• Joseph says:

iPads are very useful in the aviation industry and save pilots thousands of dollars, what are you talking about?

• Karl Johnson says:

Bland. If you're going to have/hire a private jet you want something a bit special.

And the iPad?? Oh dear.

• Phil says:

Gulfstream's actual flagship G650 is all equiped with Apple products, like the iPod and iPad. Seen recently a iPad mount produced for aircraft interiors … so this concept is all in that direction.
    Interesting …

• Phil says:

Interesting …

• Akhil says:

Simply WOW…

• James says:

Physically laughed on seeing the ipad. Nothing out of the ordinary here. What the world doesn't really need is concept private jet interior designs. Nice visuals, just pointless. haha, omg…I saw the ipad idea again!

• Guest says:

An iPad?
    Seriously?
    How embarrassing.

• Guest says:

It does look a little tacky in a multi million dollar plane but as a pilot I can tell you I never take off with out my iPad. I can file a flight, get airport info, weather, charts, live traffic, and lots more. One of the best tools a pilot can have.

• Emilio Aparicio says:

As a Pilot I can tell you it is intresting the concept of an interactive “check list” or aircraft program device on the cockpit, but as a designer I can only say!get rid of the Ipad in the passenger area.

• Rick Hemmings says:

Great idea to show the g550 on the salt flats, it's an excellent background. I also like the new lines you've introduced into the cockpit- very clean and appealing. Good design is usually controversial- and all to easy to criticize.
    Of course the iPad is a good idea for passengers on a long flight, especially when you can move around the cabin with it.

• Rick Hemmings says:

• Kimberly Kraft says:

iPads are not such a silly idea. They are already in use for all kinds of flight information that pilots need and are approved as an electronic flight bag by the FAA (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2011/03/03/353907/faa-approval-of-ipad-efb-for-executive-jet-paves-way-for.html)” target=”_blank”> http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2011/03/03/353907/faa-approval-of-ipad-efb-for-executive-jet-paves-way-for.html)” target=”_blank”>(http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2011/03/03/353907/faa-approval-of-ipad-efb-for-executive-jet-paves-way-for.html) (also http://aviationmentor.blogspot.com/2010/05/ipad-e… saving pounds of paper per pilot and making referencing faster. This designer knows his stuff, not just for high-end passengers but also efficiency-conscious pilots and air charter companies!

• Reid says:

I think the simplicity of the design is very appealing. The tablet idea is interesting, as long as it's not limited to only Apple products. As for the cockpit, I prefer side sticks to yokes.

• Reid says:

• cusaeng says:

this would be fantastic for an apple millionaire fan boy

• fuck you says:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAJHAHAQHHHAHAH BECAUSE EVERYONE WHO OWNS AN APPLE IS RICH AM I RIGHT

• cusaeng says:

this would be fantastic for an apple millionaire fan boy

• fuck you says:

• Darin Selby says:

Never mind all the bling, does this airplane do the basic, and shield the occupants from radioactivity? Is it still burning petroleum products? Does it pollute the atmosphere? We all know these are SUPER important details of flying, yet who is doing anything about coming up with a viable solution to the atmosphere pollution?

• Darin Selby says:

• drewerd says:

I do not want my pilot playing angry birds while flying the plane.

• drewerd says:

I do not want my pilot playing angry birds while flying the plane.

• Chris Shaw says:

im sorry but this just looks like a normal jet plane that someone has added a random iPad to. its hardly ingenuity to re-trim the interior with leather and high quality aluminium (spelled the CORRECT way ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) and wood, im pretty sure most luxury aircraft look nice inside.

• Chris Shaw says:

• Steve-o says:

Everybody laughs at the idea of putting an iPad in an corporate jet but its an old idea. I work in corporate aviation and alot of pilots that I visit use iPads for their charts. They used to use windows based tablets that were pretty clumbsy.

• Steve-o says:

• mudshifters05 says:

LIKE A G6, LIKE A G6. I'M FEELING SO FLY LIKE A G6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• mudshifters05 says:

LIKE A G6, LIKE A G6. I'M FEELING SO FLY LIKE A G6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Bim says:

THANK YOU!

• blackeyedrover says:

The ipad was a bad idea!! sheesh

• Bob says:

Hahaha. Ipad. Seriously? Yeah, I know, I know, pilots acually use them. They also use the more advanced androids as well. And I would laugh just as hard is they made android tablets one of the ‘features’. Talk about cheapening a concept.

• WillyMaykitt says:

Disgraceful, isn’t it?
    ….Pardon me, but do you have any Grey Poupon?