The Sunshine on my Wall is Informative!

The usual task of a wall clock is to indicate time and at the least, look pretty. What if we were to add laser beams, touchpad UI, WiFi, bluetooth and computer syncing? Now wouldn’t that be a rocking concept! The proposed Sundial is all of the aforementioned;  a cool device on the wall that will beam you the weather, your appointments for the day, stock markets and whatever else  you please!

Designers: Yonggu Do, Dohyung Kim & Sewon Oh

• david says:

how much is it??

• Samuel says:

This looks awesome!! I seriously want one. Especially as it can give you a read out of what your doing during the day. Quick question though, on the sync side: would you have to copy all of your schedules from say outlook, or would it be able to pull and sync the info from outlook or simular?

Either way, just being able to tell the time in say 4 countries at the same time without having a multible clocks on the wall is a massive plus!

• Samuel says:

• david says:

how much is it??

• Marco says:

What an amazing concept!
    I’d find nice to add local sunrise and sunset in the schedule mode. And … when will it be available? I love it!

• Marco says:

What an amazing concept!

• Marco says:

What an amazing concept!

• Marco says:

What an amazing concept!

• Mike says:

This is too cool, I want it!

• Mike says:

This is too cool, I want it!

• James says:

Not often that I really like an idea on here to the point where I'd want to own it even as the concept stage. I hope the designer gets to read this as there are two points I think if addressed would improve it. Not as criticism, just constructive observations from another designer.

Firstly, very simple but if I want to tell the time from across the room as people tend to do, I don't want to have to walk over to it and activate it. A mobile device would be the easiest solution but that's another thing to get lost and batteries die etc so being able to tell the time from a distance without having to go upto it and stick my finger in the hole would be great.

The other thing is that most people's walls don't have this much space for wall clocks. Thinking about anyone's house I've been in, no one has had enough, practically an entire wall to display such a clock. Most people have their clocks high up on a wall nearer the ceiling or even above doors. So unless you live in one of those big American houses, any European, Asian or English house or flat just wouldn't be able to use such a nice clock simply because of the space the lazers need, even on their shortest setting shown.

I would want one but my home simply wouldn't allow me to. Get around those issues and you have a winner.

• James says:

• @sireesht says:

i guess days of touching is gone we will require some remote or clap or motion sensor embedded to get more out of it 🙂

• @sireesht says:

• Matsukawa says:

Ehm… Sundial – Ceiling lamp and clock!

• Matsukawa says:

Ehm… Sundial – Ceiling lamp and clock!

• Ruth Z says:

I seriously want one. When and where can I buy it?

• Ruth Z says:

I seriously want one. When and where can I buy it?

• s.r. says:

the obvious irony here is that anyone who has ever had a laser projection clock knows that they are only really effective at night… when there is no sun.

• s.r. says:

• Craig says:

This is well smart, great idea, great design!

• Seriously says:

when and where can i get one

• Seriously says:

when and where can i get one

• Yaroslav says:

I’d like to distribute it in Russia with my company, please let me know if there will be wholesales

• glenn ford says:

How much is this clock.
    Is it still available.
    Where can I get one

• tanweer says:

I want to buy this gadget kindly inform me its cost and availability

• Lester says:

I need a kitchen wall clock that will display in analog like this and have NO MOVING PARTS TO FAIL.
    I’ve been late for my last meeting thanks to a crappy kitchen wall clock that matches my decor.
    it’s time for something new. I would like to BUY this clock, when and where can I get it and how much USD?

• Kevin says:

Any update on this? I know this would be a perfect addition to my household. I would set it up with my schedule, so my elderly parents would know where I was and when I would be home. So they would not have to call me all the time to see where I was and when I was coming over to help them.

• Nicola says:

Where I can buy it?

• Ashlee Nickelson says:

How can I purchase this?

• Some may prefer to go to a salon for getting the sunless tan. This potent mixture will repel even the most stubborn ant.
    Contact with eyes can result in extreme irritation, which can even be serious.

• Ronin says:

I think that isn’t a problem add alarms like a bedside clock, and could be useful to be sure: “ok, I’m awake: I’m outside the bed!”
    and add a speech synthesis could make it attractive like “Jarvis” from “IronMan”: a fast news reading and the calendar, or a vocal/musical alarm. a wake up with George Thorogood make great all bad mondays

but… wifi and bluetooth (without considering snooze/loudspeaker) can discharge really fast a battery. changing a little bit the design, have you thinking to a cable?

• Omazone says:

I want to Buy one or more how to get it please? is there any link that I can request for?