Minimalist 3D Camera is All Smiles

If I came away with one one conclusion from this year’s CES, it’s 3D. For years companies have been talking about it but it seems 2011 is when it all comes to fruition and leading the initial wave are 3D cameras. The STEREOO concept gave us deja vu but this form factor and effervescent aesthetic is exactly what’ll get the general public excited about 3D. I love the minimalism and the humor of seeing a camera smiling back at you. The large display is capable of displaying 3D images and doubles as a touch interface. I want one now.

Designer: Michal Bonikowski from MINDSAILORS

• groovy says:

It must be really hard to use the buttons without covering lenses with your fingers

• @yankodesign says:

I just grabbed something to simulate how I'd might hold the camera. Seems most of my fingers rest on the bottom half. My two index fingers rest on the top portion of the bezel. Shouldn't be a problem covering the lenses then.

• groovy says:

• @yankodesign says:

• Jack says:

Yeah same here ;)) I think it's pretty cool, makes you smile automatically just by looking at it ;>

• Jack says:

• flaim says:

there should be no problem with covering anything with this design – grab a pack of smokes and hold it – very natural and usable imo.

• flaim says:

• good design..nice and simple..love it!

• good design..nice and simple..love it!

• Harry says:

iPhone much?

• Harry says:

iPhone much?

• Shaun says:

iPhone + Sony Cyber Shot !!!???

• Shaun says:

iPhone + Sony Cyber Shot !!!???

• the most important..the design is beautiful..that's all..Iphone..Sony whatever..the design is simple beautiful..For example, what's the difference between Apple and Samsung? Samsung just copy Apple (phones and ipad..), but the most important is Samsung Galaxy tab is the best Tab of the year (2010)…If you copy good, it's ok…

• Dips says:

An Italian company has found a key to 3D Imaging in camera. By using a CMOS sensor to collect the light while returning, a camera can see light pulses which reflect from an object which is like to sonar. The image is not a photo quality or a movie image but can be used for gaming.

• Dips says: