Overcoming The Blind Spots While Driving

Ever been a victim to blind spots while driving? The Full-Rear-View Windscreen Monitor aids in overcoming those spots so that you have a safer drive. The system consists of consists of two parts: a windscreen display and micro cameras installed on the car’s exterior. It uses the upper part of the windscreen to display a real-time image of the vehicle’s surroundings (as captured by the cameras). I think the option could prove to be a double-edged sword, because plenty of you driving veterans are sure gonna get distracted by the secondary display!

Here is how the system works:

The micro cameras are set up on both the sides and back of the car. Image processing technology is incorporated. The separate images captured by the micro cameras are combined and displayed on the windscreen seamlessly. The advanced technology used means that even in low-light conditions (for example, at night or on rainy days), visibility is still very good. Furthermore, a car full of passengers or cargo will not impede the driver’s vision.

Designer: Ho-Tzu Cheng

• Barranoid says:

Uhh this kinda would freak me out. Two moving-fields-of-view in the same place would be far to distracting to be good. Especially since one of them (the rear view) would move in the opposite direction. Can't imagine this to be safe in any way.

• Barranoid says:

• RBHall says:

A wider rear-view mirror of sorts…I can use it!

• RBHall says:

A wider rear-view mirror of sorts…I can use it!

• annonymous says:

I would find this very distracting. Also this is expensive when a cheap fix is already out. Just add a second mirror on your side mirrors to get an angle on your blind spot.

• annonymous says:

• Matt says:

In response to Barranoid: I don't think it'd be any more distracting than a conventional rear view mirror, especially if you could adjust the opacity of the image display. Being a tall fellow, I have problems with conventional rear view mirrors causing a forward blind spot which is why I really like this idea.

• Matt says:

• Genesis says:

great idea

• Genesis says:

great idea

• Nicky1093 says:

I am not a fan of this either. It would be too easy to get confused with that top view. Now if you had someway to incorporate that on the side mirrors that might work out a little bit better.

• eno says:

it could be a good system if it only activated when doing turns. so that rigth turning accidents could be avoided more often 🙂
    but as an always on hud thing its not usefull imo..

• eno says:

but as an always on hud thing its not usefull imo..

• Cactusdesign says:

I think that confuses a lot of the driver!!!!!

• Cactusdesign says:

I think that confuses a lot of the driver!!!!!

• Greg says:

It might be distracting to us but in a next generation raised with it it would just be a useful technology

• Greg says:

• Rear View Expert says:

There is something similar on the market that racer's have been using. Basically a larger rear-view mirror(s) that show a wider area. takes up the same space, without costly electronics. Neat idea though!

• Rear View Expert says:

• rdee says:

all you need is a wider rear view mirror, thats all. The blind spot on the right(for left hand drive)is all you need to worry about,and drive carefully,defensively.

more gadgets

more maintainance

more expenses

more problem

• Gaetan Kerck says:

For lots of people it would be a good "concept".
      Far from finished though. Just think about those cameras, high res projection. Sounds expensive indeed.

Mirrors in the side frames would work perfectly, makes turning your head unnecessary. (rhyme)
      Keep in mind that the best designs are the most simple solutions.

• rdee says:

more gadgets
    more maintainance
    more expenses
    more problem

• Gaetan Kerck says:

For lots of people it would be a good “concept”.

Keep in mind that the best designs are the most simple solutions.

• Retro fit onto some buses, trucks, new car models, then Retro fit for older models alone.

• Falco says:

Good idea.

• throughtheeye says:

i want one

• philippe blin says:

I find this concept of rétroviseur very interesting i want to test on road i want that install in my camping car
    philippe blin président of prospective

• philippe blin says:

phil
    ippe blin président of prospective
    could some one contact me to help me with this projet
    cordialement