A New Set of P-Wings

Designer Evan Jardee takes on a redesign project for one of the most well-known models of modern industrial design in the world. In the whole world! The polaroid camera. If you think about it, you can almost certainly pop up an image or two in your head about what the camera itself looks like. Everyone knows what it does. How about taking that instant-print concept though, and adding more functionality, then also changing the form almost entirely? Sounds like fun!

As you can see below, Evan Jardee took a LOT of time changing EVERYTHING about the classic design except for its ability to pump out photos instantly. This camera comes with a separate lovely station for display as well! Get your shell object on!

I wonder if it floats, also? It looks like a flying creature of some sort, the whole body of it looks like wings! It’s elegant though, right? It’s definitely not attempting to be the most simple set of aesthetic choices, no way! It’s meant to be its own person. That’s for sure.

No other camera looks just like this.

Designer: Evan Jardee

Polaroid Redesign by Evan Jardee

polaroidredesign02

polaroidredesign03

polaroidredesign04

polaroidredesign05

polaroidredesign06

polaroidredesign07

• Dyyami says:

Why is this a redesign of the polaroid camera?

To me it looks more like a redesign of a regular digital photo-camera with a seperate redesigned picture-printer..

• Jon says:

As Andy said: I can’t see what it’s got to do with Polaroid – just a digi+printer? You need to comment on the quality of the pictures and printing, rather than just get dazzled by sparkly new shiny stuff.

Could be good. Could be crap. It would be cnie to know really…

• Emilia says:

Hello – there is a picture of me and my husband on your web site. A friend of mine alerted me to this. Where did you get our pic? we do not use your products so we would appreciate it if you took this down. Thanks! ~Emilia

• Knight says:

Honestly, Polaroids have one crucial design element. Instant pictures.

So how is this a Polaroid?

• Coolrepublica says:

I have no clue how this thing functions. My motto is: if it doesn’t make sense by looking at it, it’s not worth buying.

I don’t have time to start figuring out my camera when I am trying to take a stupid picture.

• DaCapin says:

Screw you designers for making all our real life products look like crap!