I got NEWS For You

Motorized wheelchairs are a great invention, giving millions of disabled people mobility and independence but they’re still prohibitively expensive. Even with insurance, it can take families years to save up the cash to buy one. An alternative is the NEWS (New Electric Wheelchairs) by Ju Hyun Lee. The contraption attaches to any standard wheelchair giving you instant motorized power. Great for hospitals, nursing homes, physical therapy centers, and a future episode of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Designer: Ju Hyun Lee

NEWS- New Electric Wheelchairs by Ju Hyun Lee

news_wheelchair2

news_wheelchair3

news_wheelchair4

news_wheelchair5

news_wheelchair6

• Onin says:

Good design ,İt is shrewd !

• Rik says:

This is awesome !!!

• Caleb Brady says:

I like the placement of controls and such, but only one question. Will it com in multiple sizes or only n standard sizes?

• gfafdg says:

I, personally, am getting sick of all these concept designs people through out there. Why not submit it to an actual development team, and then post about it when it comes to fruition?

• James Lee says:

Exactly. It’s so easy to say “add this, add that”, but without testing, nothing will come of it except a nice 3d render.

I also fail to see how creating this and developing means to attach it to a myriad of different-sized wheelchairs is cheaper than simply focusing on reducing the cost of an electric wheelchair. sorry.

• mif991 says:

Oh C’mon guys. Most stuff here comes from students who hopefuly one day will have the means and the financial support to develop and make prototypes. For now it is okay to put these concepts out for critique for learning sake. If you want real protos then go to a Popular Mechanics or Porschedesign.com like sites.

• Fer says:

Good one! I completely agree with you, besides, concept designs leads to real prototypes and innovation, imagine the world without any concept designs, it would be boring and we would never go further.

• yenter says:

Whooo NGE! Anw, from the look of things, I’m wondering how the NEWS thing will stay there, even if it’s attached to the wheelchair by the wheels, won’t it just drop down? And then there’s this possibility of irresponsibility…

• Klappstuhl says:

… like chewing gum, defecating on seats, spilled alcoholic/sugary beverages, you all get the idea.

• Wirefall says:

WOW !!!

WheelChair on Steroids

• jOHN Q says:

wont having a big thing like that impede on the mobility of the person in the wheelchair?

• K says:

I’m not entirely convinced. I admire the aesthetics and how it adds a ‘cool’ factor the the wheelchair.

However I’m not sure how this would be cheaper than a conventional motorized wheelchair? How is it attached and removed, the user? (and if so is it not a bit large?). A wheel chair usually folds up, why does this not do the same?

Also an oversight of getting of the chair, A wheelchair user usually lifts the foot plates up, to then place feet on floor to then rise from the chair and walk away or to aid lifting out of the chair. The design appears to obstruct this.

• Crazy says:

Wtf? This just looks like a giant pair of headphones XD

• lord the almighty says:

and that’s gonna be cheaper!!!???
    sure…of course…right…
    get out of your home little boy, leave your computer alone for a while! and get a taste of what life is out there … you know … there where the other people are!

• This design is a nice idea, but is really not feasible in the real world. Unfortunately, wheelchair accessibility is often provided at the minimum dimensions set out by law, and in many buildings there would not be enough room for access with an apparatus like this adding more bulk to the wheelchair. This would severely limit its use in most situations, and even in “hospitals, nursing homes, physical therapy centers” where space is often at a premium.

I looks great though – even if it does look like a giant pair of headphones [@crazy lol].
    Could be useful outdoors …

• QuantumR4000 says:

This is a good option for choosing the best and most comfortable designs for wheelchair. Also, Quantum R400 can be considered because it also entails different uses and purposes to provide excellent care to the handicapped patients. Thanks for sharing.

• George says:

I love how wheel chairs have come in the past years. This wheel definitely help to get around and use the wheel chair to its fullest extent.

• Looks really futuristic!

• Looks really futuristic!

• John says:

It's Professor Xavier's Chair!!!! Cool!!!

• John says:

It's Professor Xavier's Chair!!!! Cool!!!

• maryam says:

hi
    i need an object of wheelchair . can you help me or send me a wheelchair object.
    if yes , my email is : [email protected]

• maryam says:

hi
    if yes , my email is : [email protected]

• Amelia R says:

Really adore the look of this. But yea a few flaws other have mentioned, getting in and out of it ( people need to go to the toilet yanno?) and there are all different types of wheelchair out there all unfortunatly differnt sizes. Would be fab if you made the top control panel swing outwards from the middle and the joystick probably needs to be bigger with ergonomic grips on it. Plus with a joystick how would it turn the wheelchair if its just attatched to the back wheels? Wouldnt it just go back and forwards? Good design though i’d love to see this improved upon with added shopping space or something. They would be excellent for shopmobility places in the uk! 😀

• keith newton says:

I think this is fantastic I do not want to have a electric wheelchair all the time but this give me an option to have else trip when I want it. I am find slops difficult my upper body strength is not so good so this idea is great wish I could have one now. It looks good futuristic.
    I hope it will not be to expensive when it comes to market because every should be able to have this chance keep up the good work

• Hello there! Quick question that’s entirely off topic.
    Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly?
    My weblog looks weird when viewing from my
    iphone4. I’m trying to find a template or plugin that might be
    able to fix this problem. If you have any recommendations,
    please share. Many thanks!

• 10 to 15 (multi-exercise movement)- rest 90 seconds. Some parts of exercise gear claim to work all of your sinew assemblies, but
    this is not simply possible. Vegetables and fruits are excellent sources of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.

• test games says:

Right here is the right webpage for everyone who wishes to find out about this topic.
    You understand a whole lot its almost hard to argue with you (not that I really will need to…HaHa).

You definitely put a new spin on a subject that’s been discussed for many years.

Excellent stuff, just great!

• I don’t drop a great deal of remarks, however i
    did a few searching and wound up here NEWS- New Electric Wheelchairs by
    Ju Hyun Lee Yanko Design. And I do have some questions for you if it’s allright.
    Could it be simply me or does it look like some of these remarks appear like they are
    coming from brain dead individuals? 😛 And, if you are writing at additional places,
    I would like to follow anything fresh you have to post.
    Could you list of the complete urls of all your shared sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

• When someone writes an paragraph he/she maintains the plan of a user
    in his/her brain that how a user can understand it.
    Therefore that’s why this paragraph is perfect. Thanks!

• read this says:

Seeming high maintenance or super picky Example, ‘I only want to date successful people who can treat me the way
    I deserve to be treated’. Once inside, relish the rare freedom in a
    place where your troubling lack of inhibitions really is no trouble.
    After much deliberation, many of us often take the plunge.

• They are sorted into free, mainstream and paid membership sites.
    Close the registry entry list and restart the PC to be able to make the alterations effective.
    The band writes, records, mixes, and masters their songs in the basement studio in Glasgow.

• It’s really a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m glad that you simply
    shared this useful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this.

Thanks for sharing.