Nice See Cups! (Fashionably Loud Headphones)

Great Accessories in Music History: Mozart’s powdered wigs, Elton John’s sunglasses, The Ramones’ black leather jackets, Tommy Lee’s “third” drum stick, Kevin Federline. Now designers Min-guk Ji & Hong-joo Kim & In-oh Yoo & for Metatrend Institute have invented what could be the greatest music accessory since the groupie. The “Transparent OLED Headphones” (working title I’m assuming) are made from flexible OLED panels that allow the user to custom design a lighting show or patterns across your cranium. These custom designs can also be set to your current track or “color groove setting”, scroll any message texts or simply remain whatever color you’re feeling like that day. The left side button controls your sound functions while the right side button controls the light show. I think these headphones are so revolutionary they just may need a new segment name. How about HEADTRIPS? or EARGASMS? or maybe HEADBANDS?

Designers: Min-guk Ji, Hong-joo Kim & In-oh Yoo for Metatrend Institute

• gax907 says:

cool idea. but that needs a great battery to work.

• Zeruel says:

Want! and they don’t really need powerful batteries, as you can get them to feed off the music player. and they are similar to regular LEDs in not needing very much power. I think (and i could be wrong) that they actually take less power to use than normal LEDs.

• 420 says:

very cool. but can you see the display in sunlight? i cant see the screen of my smartphone in daylight very well if at all (from what I hear a common problem). and the screen is the primary source of drain on battery particularly when on the brightest setting…
    looks like the ui could use some help on these things too, but i agree, this is the start of something big. flexible and transparent oleds ftw!

• Jenna says:

When will these be in existence? I need to know this information, I will immediately buy these!

• Cristal says:

Where do we order/buy these headphones? How much are they?

• hOle says:

Judging that Sony made a OLED TV screen for a couple thousand around March, I put my flag at 7.5 years. Costing at around $150.
    Also, with LCDs, you use a backlight; florescent bulbs for desktop screens, LEDs for laptops. With OLEDs, the light is made purely by the pixel its self.

• Zumes says:

Uhm. If Bose Headphones are $300, Then this is going to be way more. Like, anywhere from $350 to $475.

• mr. mann says:

By the time the concept is made into a prototype, the cost of LEDs will be severely lower. Bose is based on the fact that they are extremely good quality headphones made for listening to music. This is more about the style than the music, and unless they have a well known name backing them up, they will be much cheaper than Bose. But buy them as soon as they come out because as they grow in popularity, the price will obviously rise. I have to agree with hOle. Only about 150 if that. I have studied these designs in other objects like computers and even live animation movie posters, and I have no doubt in my mind that it will be in the near future that they could have these on the market for extremely low prices.

• lolfaggot says:

Depends how good the sound quality of these headphones are.

• hOle says:

• Zumes says:

• mr. mann says:

• lolfaggot says:

Depends how good the sound quality of these headphones are.

• alex says:

what are they actually called?

• alex says:

what are they actually called?

• david says:

please start selling them!!!!!!!!!!!

• david says:

please start selling them!!!!!!!!!!!

• @rohitkulsh says:

What is the point of showing album art on the headphone? I can't see the headphone when I am wearing it… Unless someone wishes to make a public display of what they're listening to – maybe a way to start a conversation…

Other than that – visualizations – the kind we see in WinAmp, etc. would be cool…

Fashionistas would love to customize the color according to what they're wearing, season, mood, etc.

Walking in the dark with this on will make you a nice target for mugging.

Great idea though.

• zero.rocks says:

Problem is ,,
      where in this world , that we can buy that cool styling thing? .
      xD …

• Johnny Chimpo says:

The point of showing the art is that people like being stylish. It will make people happy. You don't need to see it yourself, but people will think that you have the freshest headphones around. As far as walking in the dark goes, you don't need to turn on the visualizer. I wouldn't personally walk in the dark, in a sketchy area, wearing headphones period, because it would be just as easy to get mugged with these headphones, bose headphones, or even iPod earbuds at that point. I'd buy these headphones if the price was reasonable and they were durable. Otherwise, I'd pass.

• @rohitkulsh says:

Walking in the dark with this on will make you a nice target for mugging.

Great idea though.

• zero.rocks says:

Problem is ,,
      where in this world , that we can buy that cool styling thing? .
      xD …

please answer ..
    where can we buy that? :
    place:
    cost:
    tnx! . xD

• Coon3y says:

great concept, hope you get the opportunity to go through with it! I'd buy 5 pairs for my studio.

• Coon3y says:

• Very cool. Now just need to find them in the market!

• Very cool. Now just need to find them in the market!

• aynadan says:

Problem is ,,
    where in this world , that we can buy that cool styling thing? .

• aynadan says:

Problem is ,,
    where in this world , that we can buy that cool styling thing? .

• Khairul says:

when will this come out!!! i wanna buy it soo baad im ACT hyper!!! HAHA WHERe IS IT HELD!! the place they sell it! can i import frm other countries coz im from singapore! waaahhh!! wann it soo BAAAD!

• Khairul says:

• Kebin says:

how would one go about attempting to make one of these?

• Kebin says:

how would one go about attempting to make one of these?

• Pirate says:

Black sails at midnight!

• Ali says:

Oh man, I got so excited when I saw this and am now SO disappointed that these aren’t selling 🙁

• Polina says:

I want buy it, where are they sell?