Put A Brake In Your Shower

There has been no dearth in designs that harp about water conservation, and adding to the list is the Shower Brake. This one suggests that we kinda allot ourselves a quota, and use that bit only. The water controller sucks in a designated amount of water (when pushed up) that is ideally sufficient for a shower. As the quota depletes, the visual stats of the controller descends at a constant rate, letting you know how much water you used over number of minutes. The time of the shower is directly proportional to the amount of water used.

So basically, you use the various knobs to control the amount of water you use, at a desired pressure and temperature. The sand-clock vibe that it exudes is meant to awaken your eco-water-conservation-consciousness. In short, if you go to crank up the controller again, you should feel guilty of splurging water.

Designers: Sang-in Lee & Dae hyun Kim

You need to a flashplayer enabled browser to view this YouTube video

Shower Brake – Conserving Shower Water System by Sang-in Lee & Dae hyun Kim

shower_brake2

• catch2727 says:

It’s terrible

• catch2727 says:

It’s very good

• smith says:

wow
    I saw this product in seoul design festival

• Stephanie says:

Great concept, but not every home can accommodate for an overhead shower. Most renovations require retro-fitting to original plumbing. Depending on the country you are planning on marketing this product to, take note of the process of a bathroom renovation – this is important as most people don’t want to spend thousands of dollars trying to re-route plumbing just for one product. However, amazing design… great look and one that would really suit current bathroom trends – if you have the money to burn! 😉

Question: Does it have to be an exposed rail system? Can it be controlled remotely?

• Steve says:

I had the same before them

• Steve says:

I had the same before them

• So smart! This is great! And it looks amazing! Needs to be inexpensive and have the ability to work in the normal standard house of today.. not a rich person of the future's house. Awesome tho! I want one!

• Ong Guo Rong says:

Hi

Can I check whether this above Shower- Brake product is for sale? I am from the Public Utilities Board (PUB) of Singapore, the National Water Agency. We are interested to purchase this product and conduct a trial in Singapore. Do let me know about additional details, pricing, availability and reach me at the stated email above.

Regards