My Latest Fashion Accessory

Inspired by photosynthesis, the Leaf is a wearable bracelet phone that incorporates solar cells on its front panel for juicing it up. If that’s not good enough, the cradle into which it docks also hosts the cells on the back. Alternatively, on a dark dingy day you can use the trusty electricity to recharge the phone. A pretty basic phone with calls and messages functions only, it’s main objective is to “remind people that they can contribute to energy efficiency.”

Designers: Seungkyun Woo & Junyi Heo

leaf

Leaf, Solar Charging Mobile Phone by Seungkyun Woo & Junyi Heo

leaf3

leaf5

leaf4

leaf6

• Chris says:

It’s really cool. I want one.

• Dechen says:

Nokia had a concept phone a few years ago very similar to this design and features.

• AlienzExist says:

Wearable bracelet/phone combo? Not original.

• Shiella says:

It looks great!
    I just want it..

• Confucius says:

I think this is the first time I think I have commented on a Phone concept, because there’s a new one posted on here every week at least, but this one I like, it may not have original aspects but its a simple and effective concept.

• Morin says:

Especially, It’s totally eco gadget.
    It’s easy to make, use eco energy, simple use, eco friendly material. Why not? I like it.

• AlienzExist says:

Yea but the only thing that makes it “Eco” is just calling it that. Of course new projects today are going to call their materials eco friendly, but really its because if you dont call it eco then your not a “green-conscious” designer or some bs.

• JA says:

morph is better

• Jay says:

I think this is totally different type to morph.
      The morph is high technology design and the leaf is eco design and morph is convergence design and It is divergence design.
      If you just see design’s form and feature simply, of course Morph is better.
      But you better to regard this design’s meaning and reason.

• thebigcheese says:

Most solar gadgets can charge with indoor light, too, just not as effectively. I have a solar watch that has never gone below “HI” battery life. The wrist is a great place to put any solar chargers, since it’s the place on you most often in the sun. Except maybe a hat, but then you have to wear a hat all day

• closhedbb says:

Solar charging would be nice and all, but how many people are in the market to spend chunks of change on phones that only place and receive calls…?

I’m not willing to give up all the awesomeness of my smartphone just to not have to plug it in at night. because whether or not it’s solar powered, it’s still going to sit on your dresser or desktop at night. And the cost to charge my phone at night can’t be more than a few cents…

• Your Solar Green Sho says:

I like this product ! It is a cool design with functionality. An excellent reminder to go green. Although most are a little pricy, these products are very cool. I love all the solar charging devices and own many. This technology is the RIGHT direction and we should all be doing our share. Not everyone can afford and/or have the room for powering their homes but we can all utilize the solar gadgets that are currently out there, with more to come.

• Your Solar Green Shop says:

• erika says:

where can a get one?

• alonso says:

can we already buy this phone and how much it costs?

• alonso says:

can we already buy this phone and how much it costs?

• jose neri says:

When is this cell watch Leaf coming out? I been waiting for something like this for a long time. A gadget that is wear but in sight if you want to show it. Where can I get one? Or any Classic wearable cell phone?

• Brianna says:

So cool, wish I had one

• Jimmy C says:

Pretty good. But exactly how does it stay clipped on?

• david says:

When does it come out, and how much is it going to cost?

• Carlos arroyo says:

I love the stylished design!!!!