Suck On This To Know How Hot You Are

Shush you naughty minds, I’m talking of this candy lollipop called SO SWEET! It’s your usual sweet that you suck on, but the twist is that the stick in it is actually an electronic thermometer. All you scared people who dread sticking the mercury tube in your mouth, here’s a sweet alternative for you. Besides using it as a thermometer, apparently other medical tests that require saliva samples can also adopt this sugar-coated treat!

Designers: Chun-Chia Hsu, You-Ren Chen, Liu Rong-cheng

• Henrique Staino says:

Yeah, very good idea. Instead of teaching your kid that, despite being uncorfortable the thermometer is necessary (like many other things in life), you train him like a dog.

Here kid, have some candy.

Tsc, tsc.

• Ghost Rider says:

Maybe if they put that in the shape of a beer bottle I would take my temperature more.

• Tania says:

no comment on your comments..
    Maybe you don’t have kids or think that they are little grown ups..

Good idea!

• Golan says:

Well done, One has to remember that there are several implications of this concept. There are many children that suffer from various issues, such as autism and mild to moderate retardation. Going to the doctor is aa scary enough experience as it is, why not make it more friendly?

• make it more friendly leads me to think …
    What happens if a child wants to bite the “candy”? I guess the candy will not stay fixed on the mast, but the idea is very good, I think need a bit of development, making it perhaps not in glass but in a less “edible” material for children

• Ana says:

Concept is alright…

Temporal or ear thermometers work fine though and you won’t have issues of your kid trying to chew on your thermometer…

• secretmanofagent says:

They do know that tongue thermometers go UNDERNEATH the tongue, right?

• Ron says:

was gonna say that….

nice idea though, making instruments more friendly to little kids.

• Eric says:

Wondering if the friction caused by rubbing your tongue over the candy and everything would alter the temperature results. But I love the idea! Think they should offer a vitamin, sugar free version though, they would sell more.

• Michael wilson says:

Hey guys my name is Michael Wilson.you probably will take this wrong but I have to get this off my chest. Back in 2000 and 2001 I designed and got a small patten on my idea the lolly meter. I would love for someone to contact me asap. Have tons of question. 770-361-0042