It is a Football Stadium Inside a Volcano

Yeah. That’s what’s up. It’s built on top of the mountain. Or at least it’s made to seem as though it must be. Plush-ed out and ready to house the sacred game for whatever team doth so deserve such a heavenly house. Guadalajara – 2009.

To be build in Guadalajara – who will get the honor? Club Deportivo Guadalajara, Los Zorros, or La Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara (UAG). Chivas, Atlas, or Tecos?!

Limited info given by the designer Jean-Marie Massaud:

Chivas club (500 places)
2 magasins
50 buvettes
1 restaurant
1 coiffeur
1 musee
1 espace de jeux (pour 450 enfants)
1 parc de skateboard
1 parking (750 voitures)

Budget
100 M us $

Architecture technique: HOK+SVE
Structure: Luis Bozzo Estructuras SL

Do you think you could build such a thing for a measly 100M USD? What’s the backup plan for if the volcano explodes? Probably better that it’s build first, land second. And YEAH, a Skateboard park. You read right. It’s got soccer, food, and a skateboard park. I’ll just set up a tent here, and… I am home!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

VOLCANO UPDATE: Yes, volcanos do still erupt. Newest eruption in Tokyo

Designer: Jean-Marie Massaud

• Oh my God that will scared me

• Mark says:

Inside a volcano is like an evil lair!
    I really like the inclusion of a skatepark, to make it a place for everybody. In New Zealand, they begrudgingly make skateparks to keep teens away from other areas.

• Oh my God that will scared me

• Michman says:

The roof reminds me of the white clouds above a volcano.

All they need now is an evil madman with a “Laser”

Clean design, nice use of the walls.

• meneses says:

my house appears in the first image

• Carl says:

100m us $ to watch overpaid sportsmen act out humanities basic instincts. How about using the 100m for sustaining a better life for 80million africans? ive nothing against the design its lovely. just the figures and what is done with them thats all.

• Zoli says:

according to your calculations 1.25 USD will make the life of an African better???

• pulkepop says:

is it just me? this really reminds me of toilet seat

• alejandro says:

va a ser el estadio de las chivas, no de los tecos ni del atlas

y no esta adentro de un volcan, el diseño se basa en el concepto de un volcan y efectivamente, el techo asemeja una nube.

mejor estadio para el mejor equipo…

it’s going to be de chivas stadium, not atlar or tecos.

and it’s not inside a volcano, the design is based in a concept of a volcano, and that’s right, the roof is like a cloud

best stadium for the better team

alejandro

• Keith says:

I like, since I now know that it isn’t being designed into a volcano.

• Brian says:

Hmmmm…really interesting concept to build on dead volcano….some may say scary but i love the idea.

• Bety says:

Come on!! of course is Chivas club!, im from Guadalajara. The stadium is not inside a volcano jeje

• M.S.W. says:

They could cut the budget even further if they made the “white shape” out of either stretched fabric tent, or even inflateable. Instead of the very elaborate steel structure.

• ur_nos says: