Immaculate Mini Lawn In Your Loo

They say walking on fresh grass increases your blood circulation; I can’t vouch for that! Anyways, it is a reason to get going to the nearest park, remove your expensive Jimmy Choo’s and prance around. The Moss Carpet looks at getting the grass to your feet, and that too in your loo! Made from imputrescible foam called plastazote, the mat includes ball moss, island moss and forest moss. The humidity of the bathroom ensures that the mosses thrive. And that’s why you need to place it there and not anywhere else. Little gnomes not included.

Designer: Nguyen La Chanh

• M says:

Love the moss carpet, …. but

Why do people refer to bathroom as humid places??? Maybe a non heated and vented one…
    The air in a bathroom is usualy humid about an hour a day (while using a shower). After that the fan extracts the over humid air (if not, you have fungus growing around every edge in the room). After that time, the air in the bathroom is far less humid than house average due to higher heat setting in the bathroom.
    The moss might survive anyway.

• zitiboat says:

That really depends on how you condition the air in your home including different zones for less used living space.
      A healthy and energy efficient way to maintain my bathroom environment is with the frosted glass jalousie window over the tub/shower open about halfway to deflect rain from entering and the shower curtain open to allow cross flow ventiilation throughout the house where certain windows are open during different sun positions for a natural circulation keeps my bathroom just as humid as the rest of the Florida air.
      Of course if you suffer from a need to have a magazine worthy designer perfect showroom effect, you will have a different opinion. After all some living spaces are to be looked at, not used (it would spoil the asthetics)

• shona97 says:

I say get it to marketing before someone steals the idea, I was looking on the internet to buy this mat after I saw it advertised in a magazine

• Haikun Deng says:

Very good idea in exploring the design value in everyday life, it is also what I’m pursuing now.

• ZGiSH says:

Love the design but I don’t want my feet touching something from the ‘outside’ just after I took a hot clean shower.

• Jessie says:

This is amazing. How can we get one? 🙂

• Amalia says:

Beautiful? What is the base made out of? Stone? Foam?
    I want to make one myself so any suggestions would be welcome 🙂

• Hello !
      The base is made of imputrescible foam, called plastazote. It’s “water cut” to obtain the regular holes where are put the different mosses.
      You could use another material which won’t rotten, I chose this special foam to avoid having fungus starting growing because of the humidity. And also because it’s softer when your feet are in contact with it.

• Amalia says:

Thank you so much for the information. Are there any plans to sell this commercially?
        Good luck and all the best to you.

• Nguyen La Chanh says:

Mmmm no plan to sell it for now… Because many pieces should be produced to reduce the costs. I just have this prototype for now.

• Ellen says:

I have my credit card out and I want to buy one.

• Jeff Frontz says:

I want several– for our house and for gifts. What’s the price like for custom-builds?

• Bon says:

Hey man, love your idea.
        Now I want to make somthing similar for my bathroom, and I wonder where did you got this foam(plastazote) and how did you reshape it to fit your needs?
        Where did you found that moss, bought it or found in nature?

Regars

Bon

• Eric says:

Cool idea, not for households with pets though!

• Emily says:

そんなに かわいい!!
    マットは フォームを作られたが、コケが本当にですね!すごい!

• KwangErn says:

It’s great!

But, am wondering, what’s the possibility of it attracting bugs, insects, worms, and what have you?

Would be better for the front/back porch or something outdoor that wants novelty and some taste, I think.

• theresa says:

i have 6 cats in the house, im sure they would think it was a GREAT idea too… lol! i really like the idea, but im not sure i want to step in THAT when i get out of the shower.

• ben says:

I like the idea of personal moss gardens but I’m not too sure of the application.

Some mosses die when touched, most don’t take well to being walked on especially not repeatedly.

How were these properties taken into consideration when designing the product? Have you tested the results? I’m curious thanks…

• Nguyen La Chanh says:

I chose resistant mosses and tested them.
      They don’t need dirt, just water and if they dry, they can live again just by being watered again.
      Each piece of moss is in a different cell so if one needs to be replaced, it can be done easily.
      Of course, this carpet is not meant to last a year in your bathroom…

• roque jasso says:

Congratulations! I would like to be in contact with you, because your design is in concordance with something I am working on.
        It has nothing to do with interior design. Interested?

• Carl says:

this is a nice little germ factory. will collect skin, dirt & moisture. it has heat and light. everything bacteria needs.

• mariss says:

Uh, if you think that the germ factory doesn’t exist currently with you regular bathrug, you’re delusional.

• sam says:

too bad the point of a shower is to clean off all the dirt and skin on you before you get out, and the moisture is kind of the point. think before you type, carl.

• benji says:

01.14.09 Nguyen La Chanh says:

> I chose resistant mosses and tested them.
        > They don’t need dirt, just water and if they dry, they can live again
        > just by being watered again.

So no they wouldn’t be dirty at all. They’d definitely be cleaner that your current bathmat.

• cube says:

brilliant::::

• Carl says:

towels can be washed very easily. err can this? now who is delusional…?

• Brian says:

Makes more sense as an outdoors application than for the bath. One question, when you have finished bathing, how do you prevent your feet from getting dirty with this? Seems like the dirt needed for the moss to survive would make the owners feet look as dirty as a hippie’s!

• Nguyen La Chanh says:

These mosses don’t need any dirt. Take the example of the mosses growing on the rocks…
      They are like a plant, in one piece so nothing will stick under your feet don’t worry. 🙂

• AV says:

Are the mosses very squishy underneath the feet or are they fairly firm?

• Mosses presumably get minerals from the rocks they live on. Nothing can live on pure water alone.

As for the cleanliness – I’m curious whether the moss (or anything else in the little ecosystem that develops) actually breaks down and absorbs any “dirt” and so stays clean without washing. Could be worth a study. I’d love to have this!

• Faiora says:

There are -some- minerals in tap water, depending where you live. I also suspect the moss would gain some nutrients from skin cells remaining in the mat after use. As the creator stated, though, the mat isn’t really designed to last a year in the bathroom.

Personally I think this is brilliant. I’m not sure why this Carl fellow is so opposed (close-minded?), though I do suspect it has to do with upbringing – most of us grew up thinking outside=dirty, inside=clean.

In actual fact, the air and nonorganic surfaces outdoors are often much cleaner and safer for humans than those found indoors. Sterile mosses (or at least free of bugs and harmful bacteria to begin with) could improve the indoor atmosphere.

Just my 2 cents 🙂

• chinaski says:

Good idea, but I’m also wondering about dirt. Can you wash it? What will happen with the skin, hair, etc. that falls there

• xxblahxx says:

how soft or firm are those mosses? just curious…

i <3 the idea though!

• coldarchon says:

and what makes sure that the moss doesn´t die because of the heavy impact by feet?

• Eric says:

The fact that one has been made and been used for some time already, tells me those things have been either worked out, or are non issue.

• David says:

I am curious about the affects of bathroom deodorizers: ie – Toilet Sprays.

• One of the coolest ‘green ideas’ I have ever encountered!

• sisi says:

Hi,I really love ur idea and actually we plan to do a market project base on it. just have several questions below:
    1 Is it already in the market?can we buy it in canada now?
    2 How much does it cost for the raw material and production?
    3 what is the variety in terms of quality design and size?
    4 will the moss stick to your feet when u step on it?

• sisi says:

really appreciate if you can solve our questions

• Violet says:

it’s a mazing and its appearance is so cute.
    i’m eager to own one.The touch of the grass appeals to me.^^

• jenjuniper says:

I could see this for sale in a Bed Bath and Beyond I love the idea of live moss
    Wish it was availble for purchase as a faux moss mat

• Joe says:

love the legs 🙂

• astrid says:

could you tell me if it will live in a very hot/dry in summer to quite cold (frost outside) in winter climate? how long should it last?
    and where are you – how can i get one?

• rachael nieman says:

I would like to purchase a live moss bath mat

• Bridh says:

I loved the idea, so much so that i went ahead and got some moss, cause i figured that would be the hard part,

OK i got moss now what??

So i have a shopping bag of moss, where do i get the mat to put it in?

Or do i have to get creative?

• dom says:

can i buy the carpet?

• Bath mats says:

I just don’t know if I could get over the sensation of stepping onto moss fresh out of the shower. Even though I know it’s not from the outdoors, I imagine that it just sort of feels dirty anyway.

• Hello!

Since many people are writing me to buy a moss rug, I tried to find someone to commercialize it. I found an editor so we are now working on it. The carpet should be available this year in the first semester cause we just started the production tests.
    Depending on which country you live in…it’ll be easier to get one.If you live in France or in a country close from it, it won’t be a problem.
    If you are interested in buying a carpet, send me a mail, I’ll keep your email address and will let you know when and where it’s possible to purchase it! 🙂

Best regards
    Miss Nguyen La Chanh

• hils says:

love it!
      i think it would really take off in Australia.
      Although getting moss to the other side of the world might be a little challenging.

I assume like other greenery, it would soak up stinky cardon dioxide, and produce oxygen. does moss work in the same way?

Also would there be a recommended weight limit?

• Rock Toone says:

I am very interested in marketing this. Please contact me via e-mail: [email protected] or call me: 801-814-8851. I would love to discuss this.

Thanks,
      Rock Toone

• Radhika Seth says:

Write directly to the designer’s mail to get more information : [email protected]

• JT says:

I want to buy one. Please email me when available!

• Wrenn Reed says:

WHAT IS THE PRICE, please?? HOW DO I ORDER ONE?? It is very, very frustrating when this info is not listed!! Thank you!

• Kiersten says:

HEY this IS totally GREAT!!! I would like to purchase one if you could send me information that would be great! let me know thanks

• La Chanh says:

Hello!
    Thanks a lot for writing me!
    We started the moss carpet production recently so it will be very soon available.
    But it depends in which country you live… If you live in France or in a country close from it, it’ll be easier to get one.
    When we’ll have started with this market, we’ll extend it to countries outside Europe normally.
    Send me your email address and I will let you know when and where it’s possible to purchase it!
    Could you tell me from which country you are ? It would help…

Best regards
    Miss Nguyen La Chanh

• Kim says:

Hello, I live in Chicago and I would love to know how much a moss carpet would be–I am very interested in getting a couple! Can you tell me the price with shipping? Thank you!

• estelle says:

I live in San Francisco, California. I was also wondering how much it costs and the price of shipping. I just need one for my bathroom.

• M. Bailey says:

Def interested from USA. Are they available here yet?

• Ashley says:

Hi I was interesting in purchasing a moss mat. I am in Canada is this possible?

• Shane Whitacre says:

I live in Columbus Ohio and would like to know if not is possible to get one of these. We do some home improvement and it would be great for some of my wife’s designs.

• SS says:

i enjoy this (:

• Kate Stafford says:

I live in Pittsburgh,PA . Would love to purchase one! What will the price be with shipping?

• I live in The Netherlands, near France, when can I order one?

Sjoerd

• La Chanh Nguyen says:

Hello everybody !
    To have more info about the moss carpet and how to buy it, please write me directly on my email :
    [email protected]

Regards

La Chanh

• Alyssa says:

What did you use to shape the plastazote? and what type of grass is this?

• katie says:

How do you buy it?

• Sophie says:

how do you buy it!?

• C.S.M says:

I need to buy it, someone send me a link!

• punit says:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Punit Gupta from strong background company 'Sterling Overseas'. We are Govt. Recognized Manufacturer- Exporters of Bathmats, Rugs. We present a wide spectrum of Bathmat and Rugs. We are a professional company which take care of its customer's needs and satisfies them till the delivery of the final product. Also it will be my real pleasure to invites you to our Unit in Panipat (India) in your coming visit, which is just 90 Km away from Delhi. Following is a brief Introduction of our company as below:

we can supply you floor coverings bathmats, rugs and carpets if you have any query you can contact us

Warm Regards
      Sterling Overseas
      ——————————————————————
      Punit Gupta (B.Tech Textiles)

(Cell No. 0091 99929-29488)

• Guest says:

there is demand! How do we get these in our bathrooms?

• virginia says:

i would like to buy it too, please inform! 🙂

• Khyra Tolosa says:

Where can I buy this?

• Hannah says:

I love it and would love to buy one!

• sophie says:

i love your opera..how mach?

• Mark says:

Want!

• Mary says:

I would like to buy one too!! how do I do that?

• Uli says:

I want to buy it. Where can I order one?