Close the Blinds and Turn Your Love Light On

You might not be a romantic at heart or even that great at planning a memorable dinner party. Regardless, it is well known that the ambience of your surroundings can make or break that memorable moment-Some nice mellow tunes, great friends and most importantly lighting. Unfortunately lighting requires electricity which means a high electricity bill. The result is a need for a change in our thinking and adopting a more economical way of using light for our environment. Imagine if you will, closing the blinds and immediately having the perfect lighting effect that you are trying to achieve.

The Solar vertical lamp can give us that and so much more. With the blinds closed during the day blocking the rays of the hot sun, little solar pads are being charged on the back of the blinds and once the sun goes down, your mood lighting shines. The Solar Vertical Lamp is created by Korean designers Yoon-Hui Kim and Eun-Kyung Kim and available in a floor/table lamp or a stylish chandelier. Add one to each window in your home and at night, you have a beautifully lit home and a much lower electrical bill. Frugality and environmental friendliness at its best.

Designer: Yoon-Hui Kim & Eun-Kyung Kim

• Armin says:

Nice idea. Wouldn't it have been easier & cheaper to just use phosphorent materials (aka they charge themselves during day and give out light during night). If you want to switch off the light, just turn the blinds the other way.

• Aldo says:

Ah, I don't think so… It's quite obvious that phosphorescent material would not be nearly as bright, wouldn't last as long and most likely would not offer the same kind of control electricity does.

think it's a brilliant design in both senses of the word. My kudos to the brains behind it… we need more products like that. My only question is can one design their own lamp icon? Or at least are there more to choose from? Regardless: brilliant ideas. Also, I agree with powers.

• foodcert says:

so nice, especially the solar energy

• zippyflounder says:

Its all about cell size vrs light system (and storage too). If you have solar cells, and a storage sytem that is up to the task of running a few hundred white led's then why not just conventional fixtures that are running led replacement bulbs?

• powers says:

I've seen probably half a dozen concepts here on Yanko Design "reinventing" the generic table lamp – none of them successful in my eyes. It's a boring and outdated shape. Just make the entire blade light up, be able to control how many light up – every other, every three etc., and that would be classy.

• powers says:

I love it when I try to post a comment, it doesn't post, and then when I try to repost it the system tells my I've already posted the comment and then I never get to say what I wanted to.

• . says:

Armin's great idea just made this product obsolete.

• yourdad says:

No it didn't phosphorents are weak and don't last long…duhr

• Engineer says:

It most certainly did not, it'd be odd to see that on the outside of the house/room just because you don't want it inside the unit.

On the other hand, I find merit in powers' comment, in fact I would also include the option of touch sensitive; you can run your fingers across them like a piano to light them up!

• Nice idea! I like this because you don't actually have to purchase a lamp as well. and no cords!

• Nate says:

Wait, so what's wrong with putting the solar panels on your roof, where they'll be most effectively used? Then you could, ya know, just plug the lamp in.

>Nice idea! I like this because you don’t actually have to purchase a lamp as well. and no cords!

Umm, I would estimate that this would cost north of $800. I can get 8 lamps with LED bulbs for cheaper than that, or around 15 mood lights.

• Kontext says:

Интересная тема, Спасибо!

• Jocersman says:

Автору нужно памятник постаить за такое!:)

• Geoffrey says:

Great; now who do I contact to market this with my other window blinds?

• Gani says:

Dear friends I am interesting in your products! COuld send me catalog with Prices of theese to my adress: 1455, 55 street Apt 5D,Brooklyn city, New York 11219, Gani Hatamov,

and other one to:

47 Sartepo, Apt 32, Samarkand city,Uzbekistan 703061 Dilafruz Hatamova

Thank you very much beforehand.

Best regards!

• Richard Cheung says:

Like the idea, will it be durable and too expensive?

• Jim Sellers says:

Cool, but I saw a company doing this years ago at a trade show. There name is radiant blinds. I think there web site is http://www.radiantblinds.com – enjoy!

• It’s cool! It can lessen our electric bill.

• Please let me know if you’re looking for a author for your blog. You have some really great articles and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really like
    to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a link
    back to mine. Please shoot me an e-mail if interested.

Thank you!

• Rose says:

However, note that some materials used for Roman blinds – such as
    bamboo furniture, using this eco-friendly product. One of
    the best materials for the blinds for better ventilation of
    light and UV rays. This is especially true for window
    and roof shades are the most important, bathroom blinds rather crucial measure for buying any window dressing choices I made.

• I don’t even understand how I ended up right here,
    but I assumed this put up was good. I do not realize who you might be
    however certainly you’re going to a well-known blogger if you happen to are
    not already. Cheers!

• Chase says:

Each egg will be claimed ffor prizes akin to electronic
    ciarette kits, components, accessories, or couons goold aat our site or att our retail locations.

• The primary was Leonsrdo DaVinci’s flying
    machine – the ornithopter, which seemed like a sled with giamt bat-like
    wings.

• Generally, antioxidants help so muxh iin dealing with free radicals and other toxins that may harm your mental system.

• 4rt.us says:

Get the Smokeless Smoking Uncover v2 cigys sellers coupon codxe
    allws buying the digital cigfarettes available
    in the market.