Hanging Hard Drives

Portable hard drives are not really THAT portable if you have to tote around another peripheral but maybe you should have bought a laptop with a bigger hard drive! OOO Zing! No I didn’t! Yes, yes I did just go there. Kidding aside, the Hang it On hard drive encloser lets you hang you 2.5″ companion off the back of your lappie’s LCD screen. Sure, now your MacBook Air looks like it has a tumor growing off it’s svelt lines but at least you’ll get more than a measily 80 GB.

Designer: Sangho Jin

• And when it inevitably falls off your screen while it’s running? What protects the drive from the impact with the desk?

• Chris Weiss says:

For what it’s worth, many new notebook drives have built in accelerometers that park the heads if they sense drastic movement. Seagate’s technology goes by “G-Force” (http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/gf_protect.html) and is in their new ultra-fast Momentus 7200.3 drives. Western Digital also includes it in their latest Scorpio line.

• John Q. says:

as sherlock said theres no reason for it to be there. i could see this design being justified if the hard drive was SSD, where movement or falling wouldn’t harm the drive

• Nicola says:

a pression on your LCD display is not what it would like…also a hot surface on its back..

• FAB says:

I like it since I never know where to put my USB hard drive when I work with my laptop on a small tablet somewhere.

The design is clean but the functionnality is not well studied (see other posts on movement, heat and pressure on the display).

I add two more questions :
    – how to deal with the inclination of the screen ?
    – perfection would be to include a roll-in USB cable : I’m fed up with all theses cables everywhere, that you have to carry apart from the devices

Anyway, I find the idea clever but needs more work on usability.

• Pilya says:

my interjection: Don’t think of it as something for moving around… its meant to be stationary.. but what it does is allows you to use the drive in a nice manner if you have limited desk real-estate and/or want to keep clutter down.

Personally, I would love such an enclosure!!!

-Pilya

• Sangho jin says:

Yes, I would like to say that pilya’s opinion…

When you use an extra Hard disk drive , You can feel that it is very uncomportable to use it.
    “Hang it on” has designed to better easy to use the notebook computer. It is very helpful to use in small space and provide you better clean circumstance.
    if you want see more project of mine or have a question,please email me. dicajin@gmail.com

Thank you for your interest!!

• Russell says:

Looking at it and reading through the comments I feel compelled to worry about heat, and weight, and the damn thing falling off; but … it is just so damn neat/convenient/portable looking that I really want one.

• Said Tahsin Dane says:

How can I get this

• DCurrin says:

I would be worried if this would damage the integrity of my LCD screen at all. I hope they’ve thought about that!

• Overheal says:

If there were fixed mounting brackets on the lid of the laptop I’d feel more comfortable with that.

• Tonicboy says:

The only thing I would change about this is a double USB cord. I’ve seen this one a few portable drives and it’s handy because it provides an extra set of pins to draw power from, enough to let you run it purely from the USB power bus.

• michael says:

where do I get this?

• miek smioth says:

hello can someone please tell me where to get this hang on hhard drive im willing to pay what ever the price would be thank you .

• J says:

it’s make your screen broken!

• Jimmy C says:

Hah, it actually looks like a good design for a smartphone.

• hard drive says:

Hi Dear, are you truly visiting this site daily, if so after that you will without doubt obtain pleasant experience.

• Näppäilet vain hakusanan “seksi Helsinki” ϳa löydät listan yhteisömme jäsenistä, jotka asuvat pääkaupunkiseudulla.
    Koe suomalaisia naisia enemmän, kuin olsit arvannutkaan. Partnerin pettäminen treffailun, chattailun tai flirttailun muodossa piristää sinua јa
    tuo mahdollisesti lisäpotkua mуös arkipäiväiseen parisuhteeseesi.

• Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.I will make certain to
    bookmark your blog and definitely will come back from now on. I want
    to encourage continue your great posts, have a nice weekend!

• santhai 2 says:

This site definitely has all of the information I
    needed about this subject and didn’t know who to ask.