The Rainbow Connection

I’m not talking about the song Kermit sings, but about the colorful design by Christian Flindt – Parts of a Rainbow. These modular stackable chairs were not created to just stack on top of each other, but were designed to stack sideways. By stacking them sideways, the chairs can then be used as a colorful bench. Parts of a Rainbow are certain to be the most admired and talked about item at your next friendly gathering. Made from acrylic plastic, Parts of a Rainbow chairs won the Design Prize 2005 at Copenhagen.

Designer: Christian Flindt

• p says:

I remember seeing these a few years ago in ID magazine!
    I’m usually not a fan of wild, aesthetic-driven chair designs, but I really like these for some reason. They look great together, but I think a single chair looks particularly intriguing. That’s really the way all modular products should be designed. I just wish they weren’t so expensive 🙁

• zuy says:

i saw it too several years ago in 2005 but it’s very original , eye catching but i think designer could develop new uses and show us other use than rainbow… in my urban studio !!!
    Why stack chairs ?: for collectivity use to reduce the volume of chairs to stock and transport and here we donnot reduce much more the volume of chairs

• paul sandip says:

looks good….what more should i care for…if i am not buying it?!

• enoo says:

Seeing the 1st image, I thought they were chairs that you can stack into a bookshelf shape :]

• Shiella says:

Good. But the main purpose of chairs is for sitting not to be arranged.

• looking Gorgeous !!

• Richard says:

How do you purchase thes Rainbow Chairs…I could not find a link?

• I’m amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I come
    across a blog that’s equally educative and engaging, and
    without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head.
    The issue is something which not enough men and women are speaking intelligently about.
    I am very happy I found this during my search for something regarding
    this.