Grass Balls. No You Cannot Smoke it

Grass cutting is a bore, but even the most monotonous chores can be remedied if you make it fun. The Muwi concept is an automated mower barreled shape to compact grass cuttings into balls and disks for, get this. . . to play with. Of course if you’re the type that hates grass stains, these balls and disks are also perfect as compost fertilizer.

Designer: Yuli Sung

Texts from the designer:

‘Muwi’ first acknowledges the entire size of the land and automatically cuts the grass. The cut grass, which is created upon cutting the grass, is stored inside. As the cut grass begins to accumulate inside the machine, ‘Muwi’ constructs and compresses the cut grass into two types of blocks.

Then this cut grass is no longer a remainder that needs extra efforts to be thrown out or cleaned up. It rather becomes balls for children to play with or a chair to sit on or any other opportunity.

• vhxn.com says:

Decorating the garden becomes an old fashion as these types of garden designer enter the market. Fantastic designed equipment for every garden LOVER.

• ra says:

I didn’t know that there was a problem with “a remainder that needs extra efforts to be thrown out or cleaned up” in ref. to grass after cutting.
      Cut it with a non-power mower, leave it be and it’s better for your lawn AND the environment.

• chris says:

Nice Idea.

But as mentioned above, have you ever set in fresh cut grass? Did you have to the washing by yourself?
    And the balls, how do they hold together to not fall apart at the first throw?

After all, I LIKE the idea, will save you a lot of raking.
    And that (beside the automated mowing) in my opinion is the MAIN FEATURE. All that talking about “additional benefits” in design classes sometimes just is not necessary.

Hard example: Fish tank with integrated hot plate, just in case you get bored by your fish.

Keep the fun up! And please don’t understand me wrong, i like the idea, my comments are just my personal opinions.

• IGreenSpot says:

hey, that cut lawnmower can replace gardener job !

• Stéfan says:

Looks like a cool thing to have.

• jen says:

What happens when it tries to mow up-hill?

• zippyflounder says:

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont rattle his cage with a little thing like clear thought.

• Hominidx says:

If you don’t know the answer either, it’s easy to make assumptions, isn’t it?

• Fantastic!!!!Really thumbs up!

• Brian says:

How do you control the depth on that thing – the lawn that has been mowed in the picture is way to short and will result in dead grass. I’d rather it chomp up the trimmings and spread them around to be a little more ecologically friendly instead of making more useless objects that will eventually be thrown away.

• DudeintheWhitehat says:

The pictures of the cylinder and surrounding grass are obviously computer rendered images. Would you really throw away grass? I guess it all goes to the same place anyway….

• weird says:

Compressing wet/green grass will result in combustion.

That’s why farmers don’t bail green grass and let it dry into hay. These “toys” will also reek after a couple of days.

• keith says:

The heat for combustion comes from the grass fermenting, and the size of these balls, well you wouldn’t have a problem. Hmm, maybe he’s onto something. Get a bunch of these balls and see if we could make moonshine out of them. Yuli Sung just struck gold.

It’s like snowballs but without the winter, just add grass stains.

• deanween8 says:

interesting that you made the concept look like people mow their lawns at the same height as a golf putting green. that makes a big difference convincing me if this concept works. not to mention….those compacted balls are not going to stay together, that should be the first idea that says NO when you think of using this as a concept.

• Stéfan says:

Looks like a cool thing to have.

• ichig0nilla says:

I like this idea…
    i mean it’s a good start…

but the first thing that came to my mind which I saw the tear sheet was the same as some of those above.. How is the ball going to stay compact together when you actually throw them and bounce them like a soccer ball ?

The flat circular one looks really nice for relaxing on your lawn…. but again… I really wonder if you can sit on this flat sheet for a long time? Since the compressed version of the glasses is probably isnt gonna be as strong as the partical board?!?

that’s just my idea…

I think the concept will be more logically presented if the big part of it is how to pick up after your grass better?! easy lawn mowing? … and yea.. so this thing only mows on grass at the height of green? doesnt that mean that someone’d already mowed the whole field before this thing comes in?

• Bettina says:

Haha, that s so funny.

Could buy one for my dad!!

• I was thinking the same:

How is it going to stay together when you want to kick it like a ball?

• Alex says:

The real question is, is this really viable? Am I supposed to push it, does it have handles like a typical roller? And most importantly… how much is it? Because I want one!

• zuy says:

with concept design every thing is possible to day or will be possible ( may be)to morrow…

• what time is it?

• The Muwi concept is an automated mower barreled shape to compact grass cuttings into balls and disks for, get this. . . to play with. Of course if you re the type that hates grass stains, these balls and disks are also perfect as compost fertilizer.

• VINCENT says:

ACTUALLY WHY OUR QUESTIONS ARE NOT ANSWERED RIGHT HERE ON THE WALL.

• another says:

I think i’m going to invent a leaf raker/blower, that rakes leaves into a big barrel, then when it’s full it will blast them back into the air again, like reliving fall. It will suit both a logical controller and the emotional patsy. doop a doo.

• alleycat says:

Great idea, forget the “to play with”, there is got to be something more useful for this, many uses, animal feed, garden decorations, fertilizer, even to ship somewhere it seems easy to handle. Great idea.

• Partinez says:

Great! I want one 😀

• nishita says:

i like the thought. however,

if we have to put a second purpose or additional purpose/ meaning to a design i’d not buy this. the cut grass will dry up soon enough so the balls & stools will last for what- 2 days max. you mow the lawn how often? the relation doesn’t match. something a bit more productive maybe with the cut grass? as far as i see it now its just a compact way to throw it away.

anyway sitting on the ‘grass stool/ block’ is no different from sitting on the cut grass!!! you’ll shift the grass stool/block from one grass patch to another?? why?

secondary issue.. except for when you’re in a ‘natural’ mood when do you really sit on grass?

• Abacus says:

I like this idea.

But you conpress it without dry it at first?
    There must be juice everywhere

• Bridh says:

I don’t get it, does it cut the grass? how does it move across the ground?

• lalacan says:

Great idea brother 🙂

• Virginia says:

It looks very nice .. but what does it run on? Does it spit out all the compacted grass as it goes along? Why not put a VDO to show everyone how it really works.

• Isaac says:

Wow, every comment so far sounds like a bad translation or an ESL student.

Cool idea athough I’m not sure of the underlying technology.

• Rebecca says:

Fascinating. I wonder how well the compressed shapes would hold up, especially if kids were playing with the ball. Too loose, and it’s sort of pointless. Too well, I’d wonder about mold developing inside and then one day it breaks apart- is disgusting. The liquid produced during compression is another concern I’d have, especially that it may effect the machine long-term.

• Autumn says:

how does it stay in your yard?

• Jaia says:

I think this most innovative designed lawn mower is the “bees knees”. How can I get one? Also what is the cost?

• Claudia says:

What an amazing invention .. I want one! .. the discs and balls would make perfect kindling for my fire pit

• The “Codytan,” a dark liquid, appeared in the late 1920s.
    Are you wondering how to treat a heat rash you think you got
    from a from being in a tanning bed. Many works done for all the workers
    of the world who are all on the same team.

• Everyone wants cheap bait these days but the big problem is that cheap often means rubbish.
    At times, your sailing instructor may need to issue an order and have it followed immediately.
    A camera and photo album are another way for a family to record their boating trips.

• It’s no fun to be on a social network or to follow someone who never talks to you.
    You need to know which ones can rank, and what the competition is like
    for each one. After so much spent or so many visits, offer a free product or percent off.

• Many anglers avoid the use of whole eggs altogether because they although they contain all kinds of essential nutritional components fish
    are obviously going to recognise them from previous egg-containing baits plus eggs affect digestion in various ways.
    Connect “A’s” positive terminal to “B’s” negative terminal.
    Revealed in my unique readymade bait and homemade bait carp and catfish bait
    secrets ebooks is far more powerful information look up my unique
    website (Baitbigfish) and see my biography below for details of my ebooks
    deals right now.

• I usually do not drop a great deal of comments, but I
    glanced through some comments on “Muwi”, Automatically Cuts Grass by Yuli Sung
    Yanko Design. I actually do have a few questions for you if you
    tend not to mind. Could it be only me or does it look as if like some of the
    responses appear as if they are written by brain dead visitors?
    😛 And, if you are writing on other social sites, I’d like to follow everything fresh you have
    to post. Would you make a list of every one of your shared pages
    like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

• Plus, they come in all different sizes and styles so that you can find
    exactly what you need to accommodate you and your
    guests. Do not make the mistake of cutting down the tree yourself or hiring a regular tree removal company to do the job.
    They could also garnish a car or a boat this way and put it into
    storage.

• Julie says:

When can we see a prototype of this fish-hot plate hybrid you’ve got going?