Gimmicky But Fun Jump Roping

This reminds me of one of those LED blinking clocks that magically suspend time in mid air when really it’s the speed of the oscillating arm creating the illusion. Apply that same process to a jump rope and you’ve got Jumplay. Every jump and skip is recorded. This can both be a good and bad thing since I have no jump rope skills. The counter would literally stall at 10 because that’s all I can do.

Designer: Jacky Wu

• igreenspot says:

wow cool, I can stop counting, let the device does the work

• Pete Zich says:

Awesome concept, seems like something that should actually be made into a product.

• chetan sorab says:

clever 🙂

• numetheus says:

I don’t see this thing becoming reality. First of all the rope usually smacks the ground when you skip. Someone fit will have it smack the ground a lot. How are they going to keep the LEDs in tact? And even if they do manage to keep them in tact, the scratches in the surface from it smacking the ground would eventually make it hard to read. With todays tech there is no way something like this would last a week of moderate to heavy use.

• whiteknight says:

Hey this thing is pretty cool. Maybe they’ll make it someday!

• jrghoull says:

lol crazy, i just got back into jump roping (btw, it works the legs, abs, and shoulders really well) if this works well enough, maybe i’ll get one.

just a thought…wouldnt it break pretty easily? i mean, you mess up, u accedently ju,mp ON the road, mess up the little lights, and the jumped no longer looks right.

now that i think more and more about this…this is actually probably pretty bad. good idea, as it would be useful, but too many potential f**k ups.

• John Laur says:

nitially I thought this could never work due to LED’s being damaged upon impact with the ground, however, you could use plastic fiber optics in the rope and put LED’s in the handles and make it much more robust.

• Marugani says:

The koncept is Excellent!
    It gives the engineers a new requirement to work in, to make it mature for a daily use.
    Best regards.

• Although some technologies clearly promote such social disconnection, others have the opposite effect of drawing people together. Sociologists who study the design of spaces refer to these concepts as sociofugual and sociopetal, derived from the physics terms centrifugal and centripetal. Applying those notions to appliances, we might rank fondue pots and hot tubs the highest in terms of sociopetal design. Gas fireplaces, gas barbecue grills, and large screen televisions likewise lean in that direction. Also qualifying would be the kotatsu, a heated table that Japanese families gather around during cold weather.

• eric says:

don’t those LED clocks only really work because they mantain a certain speed. with a jump rope, the speed is usually not consistent enough for this to seem practical. still an intriguing idea however. jump-roping needs to make a comeback

• wowgold says:

Fabulously, I virtuous belt 60 and am actually epigrammatic on gold an eye to my 60 epic land mount. I method to get encircling 500-1,000
    . Anyone conscious of any to do so?

Thanks

• wowgold says:

. Anyone conscious of any to do so?

Thanks

• If you wish for to grow your knowledge only keep visiting this site and be updated with the
    most up-to-date news update posted here.