A Hammock gone Green

I love hammocks, really I do. But I do not like the fact that my leg or foot falls through the ropes and the fear of sitting down and falling out causes me. If you have had the experience of lying in a hammock and just relaxing from the daily stressors in life, you know how enjoyable of an experience it can be. Pinar Yar & Tugrul Govsa have designed a newer version of the hammock. With inspiration from the earth and nature, “Leaf” is the new luxury in hammock design. This hammock is made out of plastic material used for support, and a woven area to help support the body. This allows for total relaxation and creates a sense of confidence as you lay down to get into the hammock-the fear of falling out is no more. The beauty of the design allows for “Leaf” to be used outside as well as inside the home.

Designer: Pinar Yar & Tugrul Govsa

• Brijazz says:

Won’t this thing get too hot to want to bother getting into?

• Citizen024 says:

I very much doubt this thing is anywhere near the comfort lever of a Mayan hammock. Why is the western culture trying to improve on a design that has been perfect for thousands of years.

• 92Buicklesabre says:

Because that’s what we do. (We’re not so bright that way really.)

I hate to admit, but I love it.

• Motogp247 says:

OK, this guy is totally baggin on this hammock. It’s great and I’d buy one in a second! Storage might be an issue but it solves the problem of rigid structure with a sleek, contemporary design.

Unless the Mayans had AutoCAD and space-age polymer science, there’s no way they had anything as cool as this thing!

• Strider_MT2K says:

Ah yes, from the Hammock district I believe…

I was never a Hammock guy, but it looks cool.

• derya says:

This is the best looking and the most comfortable hammock in the WORLD!!! I say that bc I have tired it…

• Eric Jacobs says:

Where were you able to try it? I’ve been wanting to get one real bad but haven’t been able to find anywhere that sells it. Thanks for any input.

• Matt says:

Just curious, what is green about this?

• ayşim says:

That looks really cool and comfortable. I will buy one immediatelly.

• ayşim says:

That looks really cool and comfortable. I will buy one immediatelly.

• Sara says:

Cool?

Green?
    Well, lets see. It doesn’t mention anything about how it’s green here or on the designer’s website. Nothing about biodegradable, recycled material, innovative new material, etc.

• muratti says:

Pinar and tuğrul perfect. wandurfull.. very nice job. cangurelation..

• Jim says:

Hi! Where can I get one?

• Santiago Marinez says:

I think it counts as a green design because it’s called “Leaf.” Leaves are green.

• Mike says:

Very cool looking design and interesting take on a hammock. The real beauty and comfort from a hammock comes from how it comforts and supports your whole body. Where the Mayan hammocks totally support you from behind the neck, down the back and legs this looks a bit flat to me to have any chance of offering similar levels of comfort and support. Also the only place online I could find them and they were between $1700 – $2000 EURO!!!! You can buy a fair load of handmade Mexican hammocks at that price. Good modern trendy look to this though.

• Mike says:

• All the hammocks designs are pretty cool and eye catching. Hammocks are one of the best products to relax indoor or outdoor. Hanging a hammock under the shade of a tree and relaxing is the best way of outdoor activities.

• Your syndicate agreement does not have to be a complex document.
    I have been using products from Newfields Baits for a while and their green lipped mussel
    extract is simply amazing. A camera and photo
    album are another way for a family to record their boating trips.