Escape Into Your Cave

There are times that we wish we could have a little more privacy, retreating into our own space of quietness. Adults crave this just as much as children. With Cave, we are given the opportunity to embrace our escape. Created as a bookshelf with its own Cave inside, allowing the user to retreat with a good book, or just sit and relax in their space. The Cave bookshelf is large enough to be used as a divider between rooms creating a wall of separation of my space and yours. Available in two sizes: Children and Adult. Books may be stored on both sides of the bookcase with a cave crawlspace in between.

Designer: Sakura Adachi

• Theron says:

It wwould be great if you had a zip or velco stretch lycra cover
    maybe with a small hole, generated by offsetting the curve, say, 500mm inwards?

• Avesar says:

That looks awesome! I’m the opposite of a claustrophobic – i love small spaces. If I had one of these, I would sit in it all day. I am so getting one of those when I win the lottery! _._

• Strider Mt2k says:

I like the idea, and the bed idea is awesome. It’s kind of like what they do on ships to utilize space in the same way. (Battlestar Galactica comes to mind) With a big enough room and more modular construction one could put one on each wall or get creative by maybe putting two units back to back in the middle of a room as well, although having a common area in the middle seems better to me.

• Jawzxy says:

That’s strange, but very cool. I would buy it for my apartment if I had money to waste. And, of course, I would not be in an apartment in that situation. Kids room, maybe? Hip libraries?

• Justapspfan says:

Thats pretty cool, they need to come out with a model that has a bed built into now that would be sweet. Although you would need to have those hospital bed railings on it so you dont fall out.

• I saw this in The Week, I believe, or newsweek… Great thing for kids… Check out my site for Political news

• chris says:

ive always liked this

f*ckin cool man

• zoha says:

ver..ry good

• T. Wyatt says:

I like this a lot, I would love to get it for my twin boys! Where do I find a price?

• Dave Pivvot says:

Snazzy design
    i like how they’ve incorparated a seating are into a simple deaign. I recon it could be made to look like a garden area… or something =>

But to be fair, i don’t have anywhere cosy to sit and read, and this looks good because it’s right next to the books.

• It’s great that you are getting thoughts from this piece of writing as well as from our dialogue made
    at this time.