Grandma’s Kitchen Hides A Secret

Designed to invoke the coziness of nanna’s best room, Grandma’s Kitchen is the ultimate example of space efficiency. The unit transforms into a full kitchen complete with a sink, oven, fridge and cooktop to prepare your meals. Then thru a series of slides and latches transforms into a dining area for 4. The great thing about this design is if you don’t feel like cleaning up after a big meal, just push everything back in and close up shop. Out of sight, out of mind – that is until the following morning.

Designer: Melanie Olle & Ilja Oelschlägel

• BarlPD says:

Grandma’s Kitchen.. It seems like folder paper.. ㅎㅎ

• Michael K. says:

I like the concept here as well as the emotion evoked by this kitchen but my question is “What’s the benefit?” If I built this kitchen, I still have to allocate the amount of space needed to extended the table but hide it behind a wall. So the only advantage of having such a simple but complicated kitchen is the novelty factor. I’d love to see this concept work without any gimicks and be able to be manufactured with robustness.

• Paul says:

i think michael k. should live in a studio apartment and then reconsider his viewpoint.

• Mike Loveless says:

I am completely new to this website and an Industrial Designer by trade. I don’t see how this concept is a benefit. It is cool, but saves no space what so ever as you still need to allocate the fold away area.

• TH says:

I suppose the idea is that you can use the space for something else while the kitchen is stowed away. Just like you would with a stow-away bed.

Would be nice to see this in action.

• Ed Wood says:

Art turned itself into silly jokes only 15years ago. Design is next.

• TT Lim says:

It might work if the slidable items ( Tables and chairs ) operate on a multi level system. Kinda like a staircase. But I do agree, the concept is novel but somehow, not very practical. Reminds me of what u find in caravan homes.

• Contra says:

This is what I need, exectly ))))

• love says:

bless this post with love,peace,respect and success.

just let love be

• In addition, Cosmetologists are trained to give manicures,
    pedicures, polishing, and nail extensions to their clients.
    It doesn’t mattger iff you’re looking to date or already dating your all-beauty,
    no-brains girl- with a few tricks up your sleeve you can date her for keeps.
    They sshould be taught not to pile on thee concealer, because inn the end, the mountain of flaky make up will more noticeable than the oritinal blemish.

It can be a lot of fun dating an all-beauty no brains girl- a nicfe break from the overly-intellectual, ammbitious types.

• Not only that, but the Extra Virgin Olive Oil was, contrary to olive oil standards, blended with
    hazelnut oil, or sone other similar substitute, and
    after that labeled as being “Genuinely Pure” Extra Virgin Olive Oils from
    Italy. While the first sale may be made simply
    because of the familiarity members of the community have, if a quality product is being sold, then repeat business
    starts. The bank then hires a real estate agent to sell the property for them.