Graffiti Bench Brings Out The Designer In You

Now you can design your own bench! The bench is received by the user as a 4 feet x 8 feet sheet of plywood with its components milled out, but attached to each other by thin junctions. The designer paints the wood to decorate and seal the surfaces, cuts the junctions to separate the pieces, and then assembles the bench using the slot-together features. A shelf positioned underneath the seat is used to store shoes, and a rack positioned behind the backrest is intended to store coats, sweatshirts, and other items.

Designer: Christopher Wong

• by says:

Plywood is such an awesome material. This product reminds me of Kidrobot – Munny Do-It-Yourself Vinyl Figure, basically you get a blank figure and you paint it how ever you wish. maybe this could take off like the toy craze? (its not really graffiti, i mean you did buy it after all.)

• Art Lover says:

This would be so perfect for my son who is just starting to get into art. It would encourage him greatly for the simple fact that we can display his finished product it in our entrance hallway and our quests saying wow everytime they drop by.

• momo says:

I have to say this is more Art than Design. I don’t know if this post belongs in Yanko Design…

• IDSA says:

According to the IDSA (Industrial Design Society of America) “Industrial Design (ID) is the professional service of creating and developing concepts and specifications that optimize the function, value and appearance of products and systems for the mutual benefit of both user and manufacturer.”

This is design.

• Christine says:

I don’t know if I like this design. It’s just an IKEA-like bench. Did not appeal to me when I saw it at the Carleton Grad Show a couple years ago. However, I do give admire this designer for his Fish Bowl children’s eating bowl and utensil. That should be in Yanko.

• amazon.com says:

Very good site you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any discussion boards that cover the same topics talked about in this article?
    I’d really like to be a part of online community where I can get
    responses from other experienced individuals that share the same interest.
    If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
    Kudos!