Portable DVD Player That Plans On Using Flexible Full-color OLED

This is a very similar concept to the VERY popular DMP (Dual Music Player) which we published a month ago. Instead, PDP (Portable DVD Player) act as a DVD player by twist opening the candybar like shape and inserting your favorite DVD. As for the display, designer Yeon-shin plans on using the Sony full color flexible organic electroluminescent display that is thin & lightweight.

Designer: Yeon-shin Seung

• Mmfy says:

VERY cool…but looks very vulnerable too. That disc in the back is asking for trouble. But if they can pull it off w/o countless malfunction reports and RMAs it’ll be a winner i think!

• ChopSue-Me says:

By the time this is possible, why would there still be a need to use optical drives? All movies will be downloaded into NAND (a type of flash memory commonly used for mass storage application like digital cameras and MP3 players).

• Windhawk says:

By the time this is possible, why would there still be need for an OLED screen. All movies will be input via DOHI*.
      * = Direct Optical Human Interface

• Atomx says:

This is cool and all, but are there really people out there that cant get from here to there without watching a DVD? Pick up a book! Besides, this thing looks like it will shatter the first time it is dropped…

• OLDSCHOOLGADGETLOVER says:

Too cool. Wish they would release this quickly. I have been looking for the perfect in flight ultra portable DVD player. As long as there’s no threat of the guy in front of me reclining into the spinning DVD media and sending the whole unit flying across the plane, this seems like a good choice.

• ok, talk about portable dvd player, this is the most compat portable dvd player design, I have ever seen.

• redHONG says:

한국분이신것 같은데…
    재밌는 구조에 최신 기술에 새로운 플레이 방식을 갖고 있는 DVD 플레이어 인것 같아 새롭네요.

단지 저 플레이어를 쓴다는 것이 유저에게 무엇이 좋은 건지 좀 궁금합니다.
    모바일 플레이어에 DVD라….손톱만한 2G 메모리가 존재하는 요즘인데 말이죠.

나의 소중한 DVD를 밖에서 플레이시켜 준다는 컨셉이라면 애플이 I-tunes를 통해 했던 것 처럼 DVD를 디지털 파일로 변환시켜 주는 서비스를 제안하는 것이 더 효과적일 것 같은 생각도 듭니다.

• egreen says:

nice, but need something for more stability
    like “X” type expanding legs in lower side

• skyunity says:

innovated system! >_

• yosax says:

I never see the portable dvd player design like this.
    Very interesting.
    Is there any chance to implement this stuff inside a <a href=”http://www.yosax.com”>car</a>?

• พรรณ says:

โอ้เจ๋ง

• พรรณ says:

โอ้เจ๋ง

• d says:

cool i like it send me one

• Joellen says:

Hello, for all time i used to check blog posts here in the early hours in the
    dawn, for the reason that i enjoy to gain knowledge of more and
    more.

• Howdy just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of
    the images aren’t loadiing correctly. I’m not sure why butt I hink its a
    linking issue. I’ve trioed it in two different internet browqsers and both show the same
    results.

• Kirjoittaja ominainen ihastua tämän vuoksi nilkka luottamusmies sinfoniaorkesteri sosialidemokraattinen kivelä: menetellä
    puh työministeri eläkeikä.

• Mariel says:

Thanks for one’s marvelous posting! I really enjoyed
    reading it, you are a great author. I will make certain to bookmark your blog and definitely will
    come back later on. I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great posts, have a
    nice evening!

web site (Mariel)

• youtu.be says:

Väärä termi kataja paikan päällä ajoittua onneton hirveä koura
    eskola.