The Credit Card Of The Future

I prefer using my bank card over physical cash and here’s why. With a card, I can’t view real-time data on my account usage. In a way I feel I can keep shopping all willy nilly without a care in the world and not feel guilty since I can’t see what it’s doing to my checking account – no doubt bleeding from my frivolous shopping trips.

Designer Jacob Palmborg’s solve for shopaholics like me is an RFID card linked to every account you have. A small interface indicates your own economic situation and forecasts what effects your purchases might have on your future economic status. The whole thing works wirelessly so no actual date is stored on the card. The card also has biometric security so only you can access it. This opens up the possibility of it being your driver’s license, student ID, passport, etc. Now if it only had customizable wallpapers, I’m sold!

Designer: Jacob Palmborg

• Viktor says:

Great! :))

But I think, there is no “credit card of the future” or “mobile of the future”, just a gadget of the future with integrated phone, mp3 player, credit card, gps, etc.

• sushi1869 says:

Screw the iPhone, create a converged gadget with phone, internet, camera, camcorder, gps, credit card, id, etc. called the digital briefcase. Oh and I copyright that name so when it goes big I’ll be rich and famous.

• NELSON says:

GREAT!!!!! HOW DO I GET ONE???

• A credit card is a system of payment named after the small plastic card issued to users of the system. A credit card is different from a debit card in that it does not remove money from the user’s account after every transaction. In the case of credit cards, the issuer lends money to the consumer (or the user). It is also different from a charge card (though this name is sometimes used by the public to describe credit cards), which requires the balance to be paid in full each month. In contrast, a credit card allows the consumer to ‘revolve’ their balance, at the cost of having interest charged. Most credit cards are the same shape and size, as specified by the ISO 7810 standard. http://usacreditcards.cn/

• Chris Tu says:

Find a good girl friend or wife to control your budget is more useful.
    If you already can’t control your shopping habit, I don’t think this unit helps much,isn’t it?

• jose ortiz says:

love the concept if it ever gets off the drawing pad i would love to buy one let me know when that happens

• Scilly Guy says:

So does this require everyone’s bank details to be floating around wirelessly? Surely thats not really that secure! Even though it requires your finger print! Anything that can be done in software can be undone! As for the iPhone or “digital brief case” the N95 does just as much, granted you have a smaller screen and its not touch activated and to rotate the screen you have to open the phone the other way but I prefer having the tactile feedback, the screen is not that small, and my PHONE is made by a company that makes PHONES. Anyway this is not the place.

• Heleen & Annelie says:

KOEL

• Heleen & Anneliesz says:

KOEL

• Luis Rivera says:

Great Concept, exquisite design. How ever the concept of the Credit Card embedded in a “Hardware Device” is as good as the commercial state of the art of the device itself and the final price it will incur to its owner for added gadgets, witch at the current rates of R&D and device popularity, people will be better of having such “Virtual Credit Cards” and its associated finance functions thru the device they already own: “an all in one smart Phone”.

Ready to accept the Credit Cards of Today? got to MsiMerchantservices.com

• Steven says:

Bunch of idiots. This type of technology is leading to us all having RFID chips implanted into our bodies. Which is exactly what some companies plan to do. This will be the way Governments of the future will easily be able to control everyone. All information in a single chip. If you do something that pisses the Government off, they’ll switch off your chip and you don’t exist. Research it, you might learn something useful. (For those who don’t believe me, remember this comment because it is in the process of happening now).

• Steven says:

• Gestun Bali says:

Hi there very cool website!! Man .. Beautiful
    .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your web site and take the
    feeds also? I’m glad to find numerous helpful info here in the put
    up, we need work out extra techniques on this regard,
    thank you for sharing. . . . . .

• Great website you have here but I was curious if you
    knew of any forums that cover the same topics talked about in this article?
    I’d really like to be a part of group where I can get
    feed-back from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest.
    If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!